- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- October 24: K&L Hollywood 50 Shades of Sparklers - On Saturday, October 24th, the Hollywood store will throw the ultimate bubbly party. Champagne-Of course! But, we will also feature sparkling wine from Spain, Italy, South of France, and California- no area is off limits. From 4pm-6:45pm, we will pour 50 different sparklers hence the name. Clever…We know. So far, we have wines from Taittinger, Domaine Carneros, Bollinger, Charles Heidsieck, Schramsberg, Billecart Salmon, Yves Duport, Antech, San Venanzio, Follador, Roederer and more! We will also have some of our fabulous K&L team members pouring a few of our favorite direct brands. Local favorite, Republique will be providing small bites.This event will sell-out. Purchase tickets now! A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit Hollywood PAL (Police Activites League). Buy Now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- September 5: Wines of Italy in all three stores. $20 - We start of the Fall with a spectacular selection of new wines from Italy chosen by our buyer Greg St. Clair.
- September 12: Wines of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. - More than "down under", this tasting will feature some fantastic wines and new releases from these three countries.
- September 19: Affordable Bordeaux tasting-Redwood City and Hollywood Tasting Bars. - No, that isn't an oxymoron! There are plenty of good value wines coming from our beloved Bordeaux! Our Redwood City and Hollywood stores will host in-house tastings of great value Bordeaux. Our San Francisco store will host theirs at Alexander's steak house (near the SF store) with appetizers.
- September 19: Affordable Bordeaux Event-San Francisco store at Alexanders Steakhouse. - Our SF store will have an off-site affordable Bordeaux tasting at nearby Alexanders Steakhouse. This ticketed event will feature many Bordeaux selections and appetizers. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Purchase here...
- September 26: Burgundy! ( Redwood City store and Hollywood store) - Fall is the perfect time for new arrivals of red and white Burgundy and we plan to make the most of it! This tasting will feature both "value" Burgundy (yes, they do exist!) and higher end, collectible wines and selections for the cellar. Please note: The San Francisco store will be moving locations at this time. If this move runs late, this tasting will be reinstated.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- August 31: Monday Night Tasting with La Rioja Alta
- November 6: Rhone Rangers Tasting
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 3: Champagne Bollinger and Champagne Ayala. - Selections from both of these premium (and popular) Champagne houses will be featured.
- September 10: Silver Oak and Twomey Vineyards. - These great (and famous!) cabernet sauvignon and merlot producers will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases.
- September 24: Honig Vineyards. - This world-renowned sauvignon blanc and cabernet sauvignon producer will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases of these varietals.
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- September 3: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- September 10: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- September 17: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 4: Special Champagne Tasting: Bollinger & Ayala
- September 11: Portugal
- September 18: Cain Vineyard & Winery
- September 25: Champagne Friday #8 with Gary Westby
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.