- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Saturday Tastings
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- May 23: Artisinal Beers in Redwood City and Hollywood.
- Prepare for your summer with some great, small-production beers! Some of our favorite established craft beers and new arrivals will be featured.
Redwood City Store Lineup:
Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen “Intense Red” Oude Kriek, Belgium 375ml $17.99
Barrelhouse Brewing IPA, CA 22oz $6.49
Modern Times “Mt. Remarkable” Dry Hopped Lager, California 22oz $6.49
Evil Twin/Westbrook “Mission Gose” Gose Brewed w/Euchalyptus, Denmark 500ml $11.99
Victory Brewing “Summer Love” Blonde Ale, Pennsylvania 12oz $1.79
Noble Ale Works “I Love It!” IPA, California 22oz $8.99
2015 Propolis Brewing “Imp Wyrt” Syrah Barrel Aged Farmhouse Stout w’Vanilla & Brett, Washington 750ml $19.99
Perennial Ales “Hopfentea” Berliner Weisse w/Tea, Missouri 750ml $13.99
Boulevard Brewing Co. “The Calling” IPA, Missouri 12oz $2.89
Plus a few surprises!
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste
In Hollywood, we will be tasting:
Heater Allen "Pils" Pilsner, Oregon 22oz $6.49
Evil Twin "Nomader Weisse" Berliner Weisse, Denmark 375ml cans $3.19
Brouwerij De Dolle "Boskeun" Speciaal Paasbier, Belgium 330ml $6.49
Brasserie Trois Dames "La Fiancee Pinot Noir" Saison w/ Pinot Noir Grapes, Switzerland 330ml $7.99
Cascade Brewing "Apricot Ale" Belgian Flanders Style Ale 750ml $27.99
Eagle Rock Brewery Ginger Saison, California 22oz $7.49
Tahoe Mountain Brewing "Higashino" Barrel Aged Farmhouse Saison w/ Asian Spices, California 500ml $12.99
Shady Oak Barrel House "Bokonon" Farmhouse Ale w/ Brett, California 750ml $11.99
Brewery Ommegang "Game of Thrones - Three-Eyed Raven" Dark Saison, New York 750ml $9.49
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste
- May 23: Wines of Greece in San Francisco. - Greece is one of the oldest winemaking countries on the planet and we will have a rare, must-attend tasting of the reds, whites and sparkling, both traditional and new world, from this country. The wines of Greece have increased immensely in popularity in the US and this is a great opportunity to either discover them or to update your palate with great new releases. $15 - price and line up subject to change. 2013 Troupis "Fteri" Moschofilero Peloponnese $12.99 2013 Douloufakis "Dafnios" Vidiano Crete $13.99 2013 Gerovassiliou Estate White Epanomi $23.99 2013 Nerantzi Asprouda of Serres Macedonia $30.99 2014 Sigalas Assyrtiko Santorini $21.99 2012 Koutsoyannopoulos "Nikteri" Assyrtiko Santorini $28.99 2014 Zafeirakis Rosé Thessaly $11.99 2014 Skouras "Zoe" Rosé Peloponnese $10.99 2011 Zafeirakis Limniona Thessaly $18.99 2011 Domaine Karydas Xinomavro Naoussa $23.99 2011 Papantonis "Meden Agan" Agiorgitiko (St. George) Pelopnnese $15.99 2010 Skouras "Megas Oenos" Peloponnese $24.99 2013 Samos "Vin Doux" Muscat (500ml) $12.99 2000 Economou Late Harvest Liatiko Crete 500ml $39.99
- May 30: Our annual Rose tasting! - We are in the height of rose wine season and all three stores will feature the latest releases of rose, both still and sparkling, domestic and imported. We will feature wines from France, the USA, Spain, Italy, Germany and other countries.
- June 6: Wines of Italy in all three stores. $20 - All three stores will feature new releases and recent arrivals from Italy. A great way to see what is currently happening in the wine world in Italia!
- June 13: Wines of the Central Coast in all three stores. - Our Norcal and SoCal locations will pour our favorite wines, and June 8th Enews featured wines from the Central Coast of California. Find out what gems our buyers found in early May of this year.
- June 20: Wines of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. - It is time for us to update ourselves with wines from these exciting countries. Expect some unusual picks and new and unique wines. Not to be missed.
- June 27: Bordeaux! - It's time again to see what our containers have brought us from Bordeaux. We will focus upon newly arrived wines from the 2012 and 2013 vintages and will include a few older vintages for fun!
- July 4: All three tasting bars are closed. - Happy Fourth of July! Our stores will be open but, our tasting bars will not be. We know that you will be out there barbecuing and enjoying the holiday. Our SF staff will be in their down jackets to celebrate Mark Twain's "summer" in SF!
- July 11: Wines of Spain and Portugal in all three stores. - Spain/Portugal wine buyer Joe Manekin has been hard at work to find some great red, white and sparkling wines to enliven your summer. Stop by to see what gems he has found!
- July 18: Bordeaux in all three stores. - Just in case you missed last months' Bordeaux tasting, we have a follow-up one for you. A deeper exploration into the 2012 and 2013 vintages.
- July 25: Wines of Burgundy in all three stores. - So, what is new in Burgundy, you ask? We will do our best to answer that question today! Newly arrived red and white wines as well as some very special limited wines that are likely to sell quickly.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- June 4: Australian Tasting
- June 25: Sherry Tasting
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- May 21: Buty Vineyards of Washington state. - This boutique producer, located in Walla Walla, will be having an in-store tasting of the latest releases of cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay. This is a special, one-time only tasting, so don't miss it!
- May 28: Barber Cellars with winemaker Mike Barber. - Mike Babrber, of Barber Cellars will be in our SF store to pour and talk about his well-reviewed zinfandel's and pinot gris. A rare opportunity to meet the winemaker!
- June 4: Erset e Neue of Italy. - This wonderful producer from the Alto Adige will be featuring their latest releases in our SF store for your enjoyment! These food-friendly, elegant and balanced wines are perfect for the start of summer!
- June 18: Pinot Days! - Our SF store will play host to three small-estate pinot noir producers to celebrate Pinot Days, a weeklong series of events in the SF Bay Area. Participants will be listed prior to the tasting.
- July 30: Chronic Cellars. - This boutique producer will be in our SF store to feature sparkling wine and domestic Rhone blends. A great way to taste some hand-crafted, meticulously produced, small production wines.
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- May 21: Thirsty Thursday: Cider!
- With our big Beer fest on Saturday this week, we are taking the opportunity to pour some fun ciders on Thursday!
Finnegan Cider "Harvest Blend" Hard Cider, Oregon
Finnriver Artisan Sparkling Cider, Washington
2012 Henney's "Vintage" Still Cider, England
Reverand Nat's Hard Cider "Sacrilege" Sour Cherry Cider, Oregon
Sea Cider "Prohibition" Schreech Rum/Bourbon Barrel Aged Cider (Organic), B.C. Canada
Tilted Shed "Barred Rock" Bourbon Barrel Aged Cider, Sonoma County
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $5 to taste.
- May 28: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted the week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- June 4: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted the week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- June 11: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted the week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- May 22: Eric Kent Winery
- Working with small vineyards across Sonoma county, winemaker Eric Kent has established a well-deserved reputation. His wines show incredible character and balance, as well as a deep understanding of the terroir. We are happy to showcase his wines in our Redwood City tasting room this Friday!
2014 Eric Kent “Cuvée Renee” Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc $28.99
2014 Eric Kent Sonoma Coast Rosé $18.99
2013 Eric Kent Russian River Valley Chardonnay $39.99
2013 Eric Kent “Small Town” Pinot Noir $46.99
2012 Eric Kent “The Barrel Climber” Russian River Valley Syrah $39.99
2012 Eric Kent “Las Madres Vineyard” Carneros Syrah $39.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste.
- May 29: Champagne Friday #4 with Champagne Buyer Gary Westby - Our fourth Champagne Friday this year with buyer Gary Westby--stay tuned for the line-up!
- June 5: Fort Ross Winery
- June 12: Banshee Winery
- June 19: Pinot Days!
- June 26: Champagne Friday #5 with Champagne Buyer Gary Westby
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.