- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- January 18: Fete Du Bordeaux - One of our most popular annual events! Purchase tickets here....
- January 24: Great Wines of Italy with James Suckling - JamesSuckling.com and K&L Wine Merchants are proud to present Great Wines of Italy to showcase the best this top wine-producing country has to offer. The event is your unique opportunity to taste the wines and meet the producers from 70 outstanding Italian wineries. The walk-around tasting will also feature an elaborate cheese selection, a refreshing sparkling wine bar, and music from award-winning recording artists curated by Rob Moose. With each winery presenting two wines, the selection is guaranteed to be superb; all wines being poured have been hand-picked by internationally acclaimed wine critic James Suckling and awarded 90 points or more. Fantastic examples of 2010 Brunello will also be available. Purchase here...
- January 30: The Union Grand Crus Tasting of the 2012 Vintage - They are back! Taste over 80 different Chateaux as they present the 2012 vintage. Purchase now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- January 22: ZAP Zinfandel Tasting! $5.00 - Our SF store will host a mini-ZAP tasting to celebrate Zinfadel appreciation week. If you like Zinfandel, don't miss out on this one! The following vineyards will be pouring their latest releases in our SF store:
Limerick Lane Vineyards
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- January 23: ZAP Zinfandel Tasting! - Love Zinfandel? We will be hosting 5 wineries (and hopefully the winemakers!) who are participating in the Zinfandel Experience, formerly known as ZAP. Specifics to be posted soon!
Hosted by The Association of Zinfandel Advocates, the 2015 Zinfandel Experience will be taking place in San Francisco on January 29, 30 & 31. There will be dinners, seminars, & tasting events at the Presidio of SF and the Four Seasons. Tickets are available at 530-274-4900 or Zinfandel.org. Be sure to use our special discount code to save 10% on the events: KLWine
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at email@example.com
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.