- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- March 12: Taste Burgundy in the San Francisco store-"Burgundy's Hidden Corners"- 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. - In conjunction with La Paulée de San Francisco's Burgundy Week (http://www.lapaulee.com/burgundyweek) and their Off-Grid tasting, our Burgundy Buyer Keith Wollenberg, will be having a very special tasting of small producers and value-oriented appellations from Burgundy. The tasting list, which boasts truly off-the-grid selections, will be posted soon! The tasting is a modest $10 for six wines. Registration is limited to 30 guests to comply with California ABC rules and the size of our tasting bar. The sélection tentatively includes: 2007 Paul Chollet "Concerto" Crémant de Bourgogne Blanc de Blanc ($19.99), 2011 Domaine des Niales Rhedon-Marin Mâcon-Villages Vieilles Vignes ($12.99), 2011 Domaine Delarche Pernand-Vergelesses Blanc ($31.99), 2011 Domaine Delarche Pernand-Vergelesses Rouge ($24.99), 2011 Domaine Faiveley Mercurey "Clos Rond" ($29.99), 2011 Domaine Ballorin & F Côte de Nuits-Villages "Le Village" ($29.95), 2011 Domaine Ballorin & F Marsannay "Les Echezots" ($36.99), 2011 Domaine Faiveley Monthelie 1er Cru "Les Champs Fulliots" (38.99) Click Here to purchase tickets to this limited event and explore some of Burgundy's Hidden Gems.
- May 17: Ultimate Santa Barbara Tasting at our Hollywood Store - What better way to spend a Saturday then by tasting the top notch wines of Santa Barbara? Join us at our Hollywood Store on Saturday, May 17th from 2pm-5pm as we showcase this famous wine growing region with a special tasting. We will pour featured wines from the estates of Melville, Samsara, Liquid Farm, Palmina, Brewer Clifton, Solminer, Stolpman, Pali Wine Company, Habit, Margerum, Dragonette, Deovlet, Kunin, Andrew Murray, Ojai, Alta Maria, Sandhi/ Domaine de La Cote, Au Bon Climat, Brander, Beckmen, Jaffurs, Foxen and Tyler/Lieu Dit. A portion of proceeds will go to benefit Project Angel Food, a local LA based charity whose mission nourish the body and spirit of men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses. Ticket price will increase to $75 after May 1st. Buy Now! Purchase Here...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- March 8: Taste the Wines of Burgundy. A La Paulee de San Francisco Burgundy Week Event - Our buyer, Keith Wollenberg, will pick his current favorite white and red Burgundies to feature at all three stores. Taste a selection of a dozen white and red Burgundies, including some Grands Crus. $20 for all wines. This is a tasting that should not be missed! We will taste in our San Francisco store from 12-3, and in our Redwood City store from 1-4PM.
2011 Thierry & Pascale Matrot Bourgogne Blanc $17.99
2012 Domaine Paul Pernot Bourgogne Chardonnay $21.99
2011 Château Charrière Savigny-les-Beaune Blanc "Vermots Dessus" Dom Y. Girardin $23.99
2011 Domaine Delarche Pernand Vergelesses Blanc $31.99
2011 Jacques Bavard Auxey-Duresses "Les Clous" $31.99
2011 Domaine Sylvain Langoureau St-Aubin 1er Cru "Bas de Vermarain à l'Est" $36.99
2011 Domaine Delarche Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru $89.99
2011 Château de la Charrière Bourgogne Rouge Domaine Yves Girardin $15.99
2011 Château de la Charrière Beaune "Vieilles Vignes" Domaine Yves Girardin $19.99
2011 Château de la Charrière Santenay 1er Cru "Clos Rousseau" Domaine Y. Girardin $24.99
2011 Domaine Delarche Pernand Vergelesses Rouge $24.99
2011 Domaine Faiveley Monthelie 1er Cru "Les Champs Fulliots" $38.99
2011 Domaine Stéphane Magnien Morey-St-Denis 1er Cru "Faconnières" $64.99
2011 Domaine Delarche Corton-Renardes Grand Cru $69.95
Walk-in Only. Lineup subject to change.
In Hollywood, we will be pouring:
2011 Domaine Delarche Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru
2011 Jacques Bavard Auxey-Duresses "Les Clous"
2011 Domaine Sylvain Langoureau St-Aubin 1er Cru "Bas de Vermarain à l'Est"
2011 Domaine Mongeard-Mugneret Savigny-lès-Beaunes 1er Cru "Narbantons"
2011 Domaine Benoit Ente Chassagne-Montrachet "Les Houillères"
2011 Domaine Faiveley Monthelie 1er Cru Les Champs Fulliots"
2011 Château de la Charrière Savigny-les-Beaune Blanc "Vermots Dessus" Domaine Yves Girardin
2011 Domaine Delarche Corton-Renardes Grand Cru
2011 Domaine Stéphane Magnien Morey-St-Denis 1er Cru "Faconnières"
2011 Château de la Charrière Santenay 1er Cru "Clos Rousseau" Domaine Yves Girardin
Walk-in Only. Lineup subject to change.
- March 15: Wines of Spain & Argentina in all three stores. - Buyer Joe Manekin will pick his favorites featured wines from our newsletter e-mail on March 3rd.
- March 22: Bordeaux in all three stores-Region of the month 2. - All three of our stores will feature Bordeaux that are featured in our e-mail of March 17th. Clyde and Ralph and the Steves will pick their favorites and pour them at all three stores.
- March 29: Wines of Eastern Europe in San Francisco. - Our buyer for the wines of Eastern Europe, Eric Story, will be pouring his favorites in our SF store. These increasingly popular wines include releases from Georgia, Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia. This is a unique opportunity to acquaint yourself with the wines of these countries. For those of you who are already fans of these wines, it's a great opportunity to taste some new releases.
- April 5: Wines of the Loire Valley. - There is no better way to begin Spring that with the balanced and flavorful wines of the Loire Valley! Buyer Eric Story will pick his favorite red and white wines to feature in all three of our tasting bars. This is also a great tasting to plan your Easter celebration or wedding with!
- April 12: French Rhone/French Regional wines. - Buyer Mulan Chan Randal will feature her favorite wines from our April 7th e-mail newsletter. New releases, great bargains and cellar selections will be featured.
- April 19: "Blind" Domestic Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting. - All of stores will be having their own tailor-made "blind" cabernet sauvignon tasting. Come in and test your palate, and expectations! No need to fear! We grade on a curve!
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- March 5: Redwood City - Bladnoch Single Malt Whisky - Ladies and gentlemen, Bladnoch single malt whisky is finally here in the U.S.! That's not to say you couldn't get Bladnoch whisky in the past, but it had to come in from an independent bottler like Signatory or Chieftain's (we did our own cask a few years back). But this particular Bladnoch doesn't come via a third party. It's distillery-direct, straight-from-the-source Bladnoch and our three casks mark the first time any American retailer has done business with the Armstrong family directly (we worked with them to design our own new labels specifically for the U.S. market). Formerly owned by Diageo, Bladnoch distillery was shut down in the mid-90s until two Irish brothers - Raymond and Colin Armstrong - purchased the site and lobbied to have it resurrected. By 2000, they were distilling whisky at Bladnoch once again. Located in the Scotland's deep southern region, it's one of three designated "Lowland" distilleries and it's by far the most interesting of the group.
2009 Bladnoch "Young" K&L Exclusive Heavily Peated Single Barrel #57 Cask Strength Single Malt Whisky 750ml $54.99
2002 Bladnoch 11 Year Old K&L Exclusive Lightly Peated Single Barrel #303 Cask Strength Single Malt Whisky 750ml $69.99
1990 Bladnoch 23 Year Old K&L Exclusive Single Barrel #1054 Cask Strength Single Malt Whisky 750ml $119.99
Walk-in Only. Tasting is FREE!
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- March 6: Field Recordings Vineyards. - This small-estate producer will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases.
- March 20: Dragonette Vineyards. - This SoCal producer will be in our SF store to feature their Syrah, Pinot Noir, Grenache, Sauvignon Blanc and others.
- March 27: Thomas Fogarty Vineyards. - This very popular winery will be in our SF store to pour their current releases.
- April 3: Bedrock Wine Company. - Bedrock Wine Company will be pouring their delicious Zinfandel, Syrah, and blended red wines.
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- March 7: K&L Redwood City Friday Night Tasting| Sake with Melissa Smith - Come taste the only two Nama sakes available for Spring 2014 with Tamiko of the Estates Group, along with a selection of new sakes. A surprising food and sake pairing will be provided by our sake buyer Melissa Lavrinc Smith as well!
Shichi Hon Yari Junmai Nama $36.99
Tamazakae rice polished to 60%
Seikyo Omachi Junmai Ginjo Nama $38.99
Omachi rice polished to 55%
Nyukon "Into Your Soul" Tokubetsu Honjozo Sake $28.99
Gohyaku-man-goku polished to 60%
Ten To Chi "Heaven and Earth" Junmai Daiginjo Sake $39.99
Koshi Tanrei milled to 50%
Tenryo Gifu Junmai Ginjo $39.99
Hidahomare polished to 50%
Kirinzan Junmai Daiginjo Sake $64.99
Gohyaku-man-goku rice milled to 45%
Walk-in Only. Lineup Subject to change.
Cost to Taste is $5
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? We work closely with a couple partners that can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.