- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- September 18: THIS THURSDAY NIGHT: Achaval Ferrer with winemaker Santiago Achaval in Redwood City 5pm-6:30pm! - Please join us as we welcome the winemaker from Achaval Ferrer- Santiago Achaval- for a very special Thursday Night tasting! Santiago is only in the US for a brief time, but he has cleared his calendar to pour the latest releases of his wines only for our customers. Come meet one of the most famous winemakers from Argentina!
2012 Achával Ferrer Malbec Mendoza $23.99
2012 Achával Ferrer Cabernet Sauvignon Mendoza $29.99
2011 Achával Ferrer "Quimera" Mendoza $34.99
2011 Achával Ferrer "Finca Mirador" Malbec Mendoza $89.99
2010 Achával Ferrer "Finca Bella Vista" Malbec Mendoza $109.99
2008 Achával Ferrer "Finca Altamira" Malbec Mendoza $109.99
Plus…. Possible older vintages direct from the winery!
Walk in only. Lineup subject to change.
Cost to taste is $5
- September 20: Affordable Bordeaux Tasting at Alexander's Steakhouse - Join us for our annual Bordeaux Value tasting in San Francisco this year at Alexander's Steakhouse, Saturday, September 20th from 1:00-3:00 pm.This trade-tyle tasting will feature the 15 best Bordeaux buys as well as delicious appetizers. Wines will be selected at the end of August .This great value tasting will sell out quickly so purchase tickets now. No tickets will be mailed. Attendees names will be on a guest list at the front door. Purchase here...
- October 18: Champagne Tent Event in Hollywood - Add some sparkle to your fall calendar with K&L Hollywood's Annual Champagne Tent Event. Join us on Saturday, October 18th from 4-7 p.m.as we present more than 50 different bubblies. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. Small bites will also be provided. This event will sell out. Purchase tickets now! Purchase here...
- October 19: Champagne Tent Event in San Francisco - Bubbles Galore! We are throwing our annual fall Champagne Tent Event on Sunday, October 19th at our San Francisco store from 2-5 p.m. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. More than 50 champagnes to taste. Small bites will also be provided. This event will benefit one of our favorite charities, the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation. ALCF was founded in 2006 and is one of the largest patient-driven philanthropies driven to eradicate lung cancer through research, awareness, education, early detection and treatment. Please join us in supporting this amazing charity. Purchase now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- September 20: Fall Beer Extravaganza in Redwood City & Hollywood! $10! San Francisco tasting bar closed for special event. - It's the last big Beer Extravaganza of the year! Redwood City and Hollywood are digging around to find the coolest artisinal and seasonal beers to get you set up for the coming Holiday Madness. Drop by and stock up on limited edition beers which will certainly be gone by Christmas!
REDWOOD CITY: Trust us- you don't want to miss this. Our beer buyer is pulling out the big guns, folks. Serious stuff for serious beer people. Get ready for the holidays- find cool gifts, stocking stuffers or Thanksgiving beers, or stock up for fortification against the coming madness!....Lineup is a surprise!
Need more beer, more regularly? Thursday nights in Redwood City we pour 6 beers for $5 each week from 5pm-6:30pm!
HOLLYWOOD: Lineup coming soon!
SAN FRANCISCO: Our SF store tasting bar will be closed for a special Bordeaux tasting at Alexander's steakhouse. Please see our "Special Events" listing above for information about this event.
- September 27: Sundry Saturday - All Three Stores - A tasting of red and white sundries from around the globe- anything goes but the usual stuff! (Hint: no Chardonnay, no Sauvignon Blanc, no Pinot Noir, no Cabernet Sauvignon, no Syrah and no Zinfandel!) Each store will determine its most fun and interesting miscellaneous wines for your tasting pleasure!
Our San Francisco store will be doing this tasting "blind". Put your palate to the test and try to guess the varietal!
- October 4: Chateauneuf-du-Pape and Cote Rotie in all three stores-$30.00 - This upscale tasting will feature the best and brightest from these two Northern and Southern Rhone appellations. A great way to start the month and to taste Rhones wines that are perfect for collectors and very special meals.
- October 11: Wines of Napa in all three stores. - The reds and whites of the world-renowned Napa Valley will be featured in all three of our stores. A great opportunity to taste new releases and old favorites!
- October 18: Tasting bars CLOSED in all three stores - Champagne Tent Event weekend! - Our in-store tasting bars will be closed prepare for (and have!) our annual Champagne Tent Events! Hollywood will host on Saturday, the 18th and San Francisco will host on Sunday, the 19th. Do not wait to purchase tickets! These tastings sell out every year! See our "Special Events" section for more information and ticket purchase.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- September 17: Veuns gin and Agave Spirit tequila in San Francisco. - Sean Venus from Venus Spirits of Santa Cruz will be in our SF store to feature his tasty gin and popular Agave tequila. Don't miss out!
- September 24: Monkey 47 Gin in San Francisco from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. - For one hour only, one of our favorite Gin producers will be in our SF store featuring their product. This Gin has be hugely successful and popular with our customers, so if you are a fan or seeking to try something new and unique, this is one Gin that you will not want to miss out on!
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- September 18: Ancient Peaks Winery
- Our favorite Paso Robles producer will be here pouring their:
2013 Ancient Peaks Paso Robles Sauvignon Blanc
2012 Ancient Peaks Paso Robles Merlot
2011 Ancient Peaks Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon
2012 Ancient Peaks Paso Robles Zinfandel
2011 Ancient Peaks "Margarita Vineyard - Renegade" Paso Robles Red Blend
- September 25: Wines from Charles Neal
- We will be pouring:
2013 Domaine Duffour Cotes de Gascogne Blanc
2013 Château de Ripaille Vin de Savoie-Ripaille
2010 Château La Coustarelle "Tradition" Cahors
2013 Domaine des Costes Rouges "Tandem" Marcillac
2012 Le Roc "La Folle Noire d'Ambat" Fronton
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 18: Roco Vineyards. - This super-popular winery will be in our SF to pour their latest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay selections.
- September 25: Vintage 59 imports-Wines of Burgundy. - Vintage 59 imports will be in our SF store to feature newly arrived red and white Burgundies that they import into the US.
- October 2: Big Basin Vineyards. - This fantastic Syrah and Pinot Noir producer will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases.
- October 9: Te Whare Ra Vineyards of New Zealand. - One of our favorite NZ vineyards will be making a very special appearance in our SF store to present their latest red and white releases.
- October 16: Ciarcelli Sparkling wines. - This new (for us) sparkling wine house will be in our SF store pouring their current lineup.
- November 6: Rombauer Vineyards! - This hugely popular winery will be in our SF store to feature their famous chardonnay, zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon and others.
- November 13: Bodkin Winery. - This unique producer of sauvignon blanc and sparkling wine will be in our SF store to feature these wonderful and well-reviewed wines. Don't miss out on this tasting!
- November 20: Ancient Peaks Vineyards. - This popular producer of cabernet sauvignon, zinfandel, syrah blends and other varietals will be in our SF store to pour their latest delicious releases!
- November 27: Tasting bar (and store) CLOSED for Thanksgiving. - We wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- September 18: Thirsty Thursdays! NO BEER TASTING TODAY- Special Achaval Ferrer tasting! - No Beer Tasting tonight- instead, please join us as we welcome the winemaker from Achaval Ferrer- Santiago Achaval- for a very special Thursday Night tasting! Santiago is only in the US for a brief time, but he has cleared his calendar to pour the latest releases of his wines only for our customers. Come meet one of the most famous winemakers from Argentina!
Missing your weekly beer tasting fix? Come out on Saturday instead for our Fall Beer Extravaganza! 1-4pm! Fall Beer tasting is this Saturday, 9/20 from 1pm-4pm!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 19: Roco Winery- Oregon - In 1986, a man by the killer name of Rollin Soles- the man with the epic mustache- settled down and sunk his roots into the Willamette Valley. With more than three decades of winemaking under his belt, Rollin now produces some of Oregon's top Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays, and Sparkling wines. As a result, his wines have been listed in Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of the World twelve times (but who's counting?).
Rollin's private winery, ROCO, began in 2003 with 100 cases of Private Stash Pinot Noir (as in 'stache! AWESOME!) from his estate vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains. ROCO has been served in the White House, praised by Robert Parker, the Wine Enthusiast, and most recently received a 95 score from the Wine Spectator.
"If the wine was made in the vineyard, as many claim, then there wouldn't be much reason for me to keep honing my craft. For me, great wine is the compilation of nature nurtured, and a personal vision and desire to finesse the juice to reveal its best. That's why I'm still pursuing the grape. Wine is a revelator." ~ Rollin Soles, Winemaker/Proprietor
Lineup to follow soon!
- October 10: Te Whare Ra (TWR) New Zealand - Anna Flowerday, co-owner and winemaker at Te Whare Ra in New Zealand, is coming to the US to meet you all!
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at email@example.com
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.