- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- April 28: Deux Rives Wine Tasting - The Tour des Deux Rives presented by WineBook will be holding a consumer tasting at Wine and Wall in San Francisco from 5pm-7pm. Special guests of honor include Christian Moueix, proprietor of Hosanna and Petrus, Veronique Sanders from Haut Bailly, Thomas Duroux from Palmer, Bruno-Eugène Borie of Ducru-Beaucaillou, Nicolas Glumineau from Pichon Lalande, Hervé Gouin from Mouton Rothschild and Laurent Elichondoborde from Maison Descaves. The ultimate Bordeaux tasting! Small bites will be served. Below is a list of wines that will be presented: 2004 & 2010 Hosanna, 2005 & 2008 Certan de May, 2007 La Fleur Gazin, 2010 De Sales, 2008 Magdelaine, 2011 Puy Blanquet, 2005 Mouton, 2007 Petit Mouton, 2006 Clerc Milon 2006, 2000 & 2010 Armailhac, 2010 Pichon Lalande 2006 & 2010 Reserve de la Comtesse, 2003 Ducru Beaucaillou, 2010 Croix de Beaucaillou, 2011 Lalande Borie, 2003 Haut Bailly, 2008 La Parde de Haut Bailly, 2010 La Parde de Haut Bailly, 2004 Palmer, 2006 Alter Ego de Palmer, 2008 & 2009 Pez and 2011 Haut Beausejour. Purchase here....
- April 28: Deux Rives Dinner - A special and intimate dinner will follow the Tour des Deux Rives tasting at One Market in San Francisco on Monday, April 28th. We will start with a 7pm champagne reception followed by a six-course dinner. Wines presented include the 2001 and 2009 Hosanna, 1995 and 2005 Mouton-Rothschild, 1996 and 2003 Pichon Lalande, the 2000 and 2005 Ducru Beaucaillou, the 2000 and 2005 Haut Bailly and the 1990 and 1999 Palmer. Only 50 tickets available. Menu details coming soon! Purchase here....
- May 17: Ultimate Santa Barbara Tasting at our Hollywood Store - What better way to spend a Saturday then by tasting the top notch wines of Santa Barbara? Join us at our Hollywood Store on Saturday, May 17th from 2pm-5pm as we showcase this famous wine growing region with a special tasting. We will pour featured wines from the estates of Melville, Samsara, Liquid Farm, Palmina, Brewer Clifton, Solminer, Stolpman, Pali Wine Company, Habit, Margerum, Dragonette, Deovlet, Kunin, Andrew Murray, Ojai, Alta Maria, Sandhi/ Domaine de La Cote, Au Bon Climat, Brander, Beckmen, Jaffurs, Foxen and Tyler/Lieu Dit. A portion of proceeds will go to benefit Project Angel Food, a local LA based charity whose mission nourish the body and spirit of men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses. Ticket price will increase to $75 after May 1st. Buy Now! Purchase Here...
- May 17: Ultimate Santa Barbara Tasting - What better way to spend a Saturday than by tasting the top-notch wines of Santa Barbara? Join us at our Hollywood Store on Saturday, May 17th from 2pm-5pm as we showcase this famous wine growing region with a special tasting. We will pour featured wines from the estates of Melville, Samsara, Liquid Farm, Palmina, Brewer Clifton, Solminer, Stolpman, Pali Wine Company, Habit, Margerum, Dragonette, Deovlet, Kunin, Andrew Murray, Ojai, Alta Maria, Sandhi/Domaine de La Cote, Au Bon Climat, Brander, Beckmen, Jaffurs, Foxen and Tyler/Lieu Dit. A portion of proceeds will go to benefit Project Angel Food, a local LA-based charity whose mission nourish the body and spirit of men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses. Purchase now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- April 19: "Blind" Tasting: Domestic Cabernet Sauvignon! - All of stores will be having their own tailor-made "Blind" cabernet sauvignon tasting. Think you can tell the difference between a $10 and a $150 Cabernet without knowing which is which? Come in and test your palate, and expectations! No need to fear! We grade on a curve! And yes, we will reveal the wines to you when you finish tasting!
In Redwood City, we will have you vote for your favorites, then post the results on the blog! Cost to taste in Redwood City is $20. See you Saturday!
- April 26: Bordeaux! - Yes, it's that time of the month again! This time out, we will be featuring newly released 2010 Bordeaux, a few 2011's and an older vintage or two.
- May 3: Wines of the Commonwealth. - All three stores will feature wines from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- May 10: Grower-Producer Champagnes! Region of the month 1. - All three stores will feature new releases of grower-producer estate champanges from our recent buying trip to Champagne.
- May 17: Bordeaux in all three stores. - All three stores will feature newly released Bordeaux, mostly red, from our recent buying trip to Bordeaux in April.
- May 24: Wines of Spain and Argentina. - All three stores will feature wines from both Spain and Argentina. New releases, collectibles and everyday bargains will be featured.
- May 31: Wines of Italy-Region of the month 2. - All three stores will pour wines from Italy that have recently arrived and were featured in our May 19th e-mail article/newsletter.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- April 24: Paul Hobbs Vineyards. - The famous Paul Hobbs Vineyards will be featuring the following wines:
2013 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
2012 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2012 Chardonnay Russian River
2012 Pinot Noir Russian River
2011 Cabernet Napa Valley
- May 22: Sake with Melissa Smith! - Our Sake buyer, Melissa Smith, will be pouring and discussing new spring releases of fantastic Sake from Japan.
- June 19: Sherryfest! - A selection of Sherries will be featured to celebrate Sherryfest in San Francisco!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- April 18: Ridge Vineyards - Ridge Vineyards was first planted to vine in 1886, and the first vintage of the world famous Monte Bello was in 1892, 122 years ago. During Prohibition, the winery closed and didn’t re-open until 52 years ago. Today, Ridge continues to win international acclaim, farm sustainably, and practice stewardship to all of the land it holds. Come out and taste the newest releases from this historic winery!
2012 Ridge "Estate" Santa Cruz Mountains Chardonnay $46.99
2011 Ridge Vineyards "Estate" Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet Sauvignon $49.99
2011 Ridge "Three Valleys" Sonoma County Zinfandel Blend $23.99
2012 Ridge Vineyards "Geyserville" Sonoma County Zinfandel $34.99
2011 Ridge "Lytton Springs" Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel $34.99
2012 Ridge Vineyards Paso Robles Zinfandel $27.99
Walk-in Only. Lineup Subject to change.
Cost to taste is $10
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at email@example.com
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.