- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- September 18: Achaval Ferrer with winemaker Santiago Achaval! - Please join us as we welcome the winemaker from Achaval Ferrer- Santiago Achaval- for a very special Thursday Night tasting! Santiago is only in the US for a brief time, but he has cleared his calendar to pour the latest releases of his wines only for our customers. Come meet one of the most famous winemakers from Argentina!
- October 18: Champagne Tent Event in Hollywood - Add some sparkle to your fall calendar with K&L Hollywood's Annual Champagne Tent Event. Join us on Saturday, October 18th from 4-7 p.m.as we present more than 50 different bubblies. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. Small bites will also be provided. This event will sell out. Purchase tickets now! Purchase here...
- October 19: Champagne Tent Event in San Francisco - Bubbles Galore! We are throwing our annual fall Champagne Tent Event on Sunday, October 19th at our San Francisco store from 2-5 p.m. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. More than 50 champagnes to taste. Small bites will also be provided. This event will benefit one of our favorite charities, the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation. ALCF was founded in 2006 and is one of the largest patient-driven philanthropies driven to eradicate lung cancer through research, awareness, education, early detection and treatment. Please join us in supporting this amazing charity. Purchase now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- August 30: Burgundy in all three stores. - All three stores will end the long summer with a tasting of our newest arrivals of red and white Burgundies chosen by buyer Keith Wollenberg.
The following wines will be poured:
1. 2012 Domaine Anne & Arnaud Goisot Bourgogne Aligoté "Vieille Vignes" $11.99
2. 2012 Domaine Anne & Arnaud Goisot Saint-Bris (Sauvignon) $11.99
3. 2012 Domaine Anne & Arnaud Goisot Chablis $16.99
4. 2012 Domaine des Niales Rhedon-Marin Mâcon-Villages Vieilles Vignes $12.99
5. 2013 Domaine Renaud Mâcon-Charnay $13.99
6. 2013 Domaine Renaud Mâcon-Solutré $13.99
7. 2013 Domaine Renaud Pouilly-Fuissé "Cuvée Vieilles Vignes" $19.99
8. 2012 Domaine Ballorin & F Bourgogne Rouge "Le Bon" $24.99
9. 2012 Domaine Ballorin & F Côte de Nuits Villages "Le Village" $31.99
10. 2011 Domaine Ballorin & F Marsannay "Les Echezots" $34.99
11. 2012 Domaine Ballorin & F Marsannay "Clos du Roy" $39. 99
12. 2012 Domaine Ballorin & F. Nuits-St-Georges "Les Damodes" $57. 99
13. 1998 Nicolas Potel Volnay 1er Cru "Pitures" $64. 99
- September 6: Old & Rare Wines- Blind Tasting! All three stores - We challenge you to an Old & Rare Blind wine tasting! Young wines have a certain footprint, but can you identify their nuances as they age? All three stores for $20.
- September 20: Beer in Redwood City and Hollywood. San Francisco tasting bar closed for special event. - Our two "Southern" stores will feature artisinal and seasonal beers. Our SF store will be closed for a special Bordeaux tasting at Alexander's steakhouse. Please see our "Special Events" lisintg for information about this event.
- September 27: Sundry Saturday - All Three Stores - A tasting of red and white sundries from around the globe- anything goes but the usual stuff! (Hint: no Chardonnay, no Sauvignon Blanc, no Pinot Noir, no Cabernet Sauvignon, no Syrah and no Zinfandel!) Each store will determine its most fun and interesting miscellaneous wines for your tasting pleasure!
Our San Francisco store will be doing this tasting "blind". Put your palate to the test and try to guess the varietal!
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- September 3: REDWOOD CITY: Casa Dragones Tequila- 5pm-6:30pm FREE - Casa Dragones is an independent, small batch distiller with a passion for creating one style of tequila only: a uniquely smooth sipping tequila. Their commitment to excellence is evident in each part of their process, from the way that they harvest to the precision of their hand finishing. Only producing a tiny amount each year, Casa Dragones' attention to detail and love of their craft create an extraordinary experience, one bottle at a time.
Walk in only. Lineup subject to change.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 4: Cain Vineyards. - This renowned and historical winery will be in our SF store to pour their latest release Bordeaux blends.
- September 11: Devoto Ciders. - This boutique cider producer will be in our SF store to pour an array of ciders, which are taking NorCal by storm. Don't miss the boat! Come in and find out what all the fuss is about.
- September 18: Roco Vineyards. - This super-popular winery will be in our SF to pour their latest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay selections.
- September 25: Vintage 59 imports-Wines of Burgundy. - Vintage 59 imports will be in our SF store to feature newly arrived red and white Burgundies that they import into the US.
- October 2: Big Basin Vineyards. - This fantastic Syrah and Pinot Noir producer will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases.
- October 9: Te Whare Ra Vineyards of New Zealand. - One of our favorite NZ vineyards will be making a very special appearance in our SF store to present their latest red and white releases.
- October 16: Ciarcelli Sparkling wines. - This new (for us) sparkling wine house will be in our SF store pouring their current lineup.
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- September 4: Thirsty Thursdays! Oktoberfest! - Help us kick of the month of beers, brats and lederhosen by pouring a few traditional German beers:
Professor Fritz Briem "13th Century Grut Bier"
Gasthaus-Brauerei Braustelle "Freigeist Ottekolong" Unfiltered Kölsch
Brauhaus Hartmannsdorf "Ritterguts" Gose
Gasthaus-Brauerei Braustelle "Freigeist Geisterzug" Gose
Weltenberger Kloster Barock Helles
Weltenburger Kloster Barock Dunkel
Professor Fritz Briem "Grodziskie" Sour Smoked Wheat Ale
As usual, 6 beers for 5 bucks.
Walk in only. Lineup subject to change.
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 5: Champagne Friday - Back by popular demand, it's Champagne Friday! Champagne buyer Gary Westby pours a selection of his favorite bubbles for fall!
Lineup to come soon- stay tuned!
Cost to taste is $10
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.