- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- April 28: Deux Rives Wine Tasting - The Tour des Deux Rives presented by WineBook will be holding a consumer tasting at Wine and Wall in San Francisco from 5pm-7pm. Special guests of honor include Christian Moueix, proprietor of Hosanna and Petrus, Veronique Sanders from Haut Bailly, Thomas Duroux from Palmer, Bruno-Eugène Borie of Ducru-Beaucaillou, Nicolas Glumineau from Pichon Lalande, Hervé Gouin from Mouton Rothschild and Laurent Elichondoborde from Maison Descaves. The ultimate Bordeaux tasting! Small bites will be served. Below is a list of wines that will be presented: 2004 & 2010 Hosanna, 2005 & 2008 Certan de May, 2007 La Fleur Gazin, 2010 De Sales, 2008 Magdelaine, 2011 Puy Blanquet, 2005 Mouton, 2007 Petit Mouton, 2006 Clerc Milon 2006, 2000 & 2010 Armailhac, 2010 Pichon Lalande 2006 & 2010 Reserve de la Comtesse, 2003 Ducru Beaucaillou, 2010 Croix de Beaucaillou, 2011 Lalande Borie, 2003 Haut Bailly, 2008 La Parde de Haut Bailly, 2010 La Parde de Haut Bailly, 2004 Palmer, 2006 Alter Ego de Palmer, 2008 & 2009 Pez and 2011 Haut Beausejour. Purchase here....
- April 28: Deux Rives Dinner - A special and intimate dinner will follow the Tour des Deux Rives tasting at One Market in San Francisco on Monday, April 28th. We will start with a 7pm champagne reception followed by a six-course dinner. Wines presented include the 2001 and 2009 Hosanna, 1995 and 2005 Mouton-Rothschild, 1996 and 2003 Pichon Lalande, the 2000 and 2005 Ducru Beaucaillou, the 2000 and 2005 Haut Bailly and the 1990 and 1999 Palmer. Only 50 tickets available. Menu details coming soon! Purchase here....
- May 17: Ultimate Santa Barbara Tasting at our Hollywood Store - What better way to spend a Saturday then by tasting the top notch wines of Santa Barbara? Join us at our Hollywood Store on Saturday, May 17th from 2pm-5pm as we showcase this famous wine growing region with a special tasting. We will pour featured wines from the estates of Melville, Samsara, Liquid Farm, Palmina, Brewer Clifton, Solminer, Stolpman, Pali Wine Company, Habit, Margerum, Dragonette, Deovlet, Kunin, Andrew Murray, Ojai, Alta Maria, Sandhi/ Domaine de La Cote, Au Bon Climat, Brander, Beckmen, Jaffurs, Foxen and Tyler/Lieu Dit. A portion of proceeds will go to benefit Project Angel Food, a local LA based charity whose mission nourish the body and spirit of men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses. Ticket price will increase to $75 after May 1st. Buy Now! Purchase Here...
- May 17: Ultimate Santa Barbara Tasting - What better way to spend a Saturday than by tasting the top-notch wines of Santa Barbara? Join us at our Hollywood Store on Saturday, May 17th from 2pm-5pm as we showcase this famous wine growing region with a special tasting. We will pour featured wines from the estates of Melville, Samsara, Liquid Farm, Palmina, Brewer Clifton, Solminer, Stolpman, Pali Wine Company, Habit, Margerum, Dragonette, Deovlet, Kunin, Andrew Murray, Ojai, Alta Maria, Sandhi/Domaine de La Cote, Au Bon Climat, Brander, Beckmen, Jaffurs, Foxen and Tyler/Lieu Dit. A portion of proceeds will go to benefit Project Angel Food, a local LA-based charity whose mission nourish the body and spirit of men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-threatening illnesses. Purchase now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- April 26: Bordeaux! - Yes, it's that time of the month again! This time out, we will be featuring newly released 2010 Bordeaux, a few 2011's and an older vintage or two.
Our monthly Bordeaux tasting is back! Come out and taste some of Clyde Beffa, Jr's favorites!
2012 Reynon Sauvignon Blanc, Premières Côtes de Bordeaux $15.99
2009 de Chantegrive Rouge, Graves $19.99
2009 Ducluzeau, Listrac $19.99
2009 Trimoulet, St Emilion $21.99
2009 Senejac, Haut-Médoc $34.99
2009 La Lagune, Haut-Médoc $69.99
2009 Le Dôme, St-Emilion $219.99
2010 Domaine de Chevalier Rouge, Pessac-Léognan $89.99
2001 Arnauld, Haut-Médoc $18.99
1999 Senejac, Haut-Medoc (1.5L) $39.99
2010 Rieussec, Sauternes $74.99
Walk-in Only. Lineup Subject to change.
Cost to Taste is $20
- May 3: Wines of the Commonwealth. - All three stores will feature wines from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- May 10: Grower-Producer Champagnes! Region of the month 1. - All three stores will feature new releases of grower-producer estate champanges from our recent buying trip to Champagne.
- May 17: Bordeaux in all three stores. - All three stores will feature newly released Bordeaux, mostly red, from our recent buying trip to Bordeaux in April.
- May 24: Wines of Spain and Argentina. - All three stores will feature wines from both Spain and Argentina. New releases, collectibles and everyday bargains will be featured.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- April 23: Redwood City - Ardbeg Single Malt Whisky - Come taste all three Ardbeg expressions and see the new custom-designed Ardbeg choppers parked out in front of the store!
- April 30: Casa Dragones Tequila in Redwood City 5pm- 6:30pm FREE - Casa Dragones specializes in creating decadent tequila. This unique tequila showcases the development and complexity of an anjeo tequila, but is filtered and blended to offer the fresh vibrancy of pure agave spirit. A taste like no other!
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- April 24: Paul Hobbs Vineyards. - The famous Paul Hobbs Vineyards will be featuring the following wines:
2013 Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
2012 Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
2012 Chardonnay Russian River
2012 Pinot Noir Russian River
2011 Cabernet Napa Valley
- May 22: Sake with Melissa Smith! - Our Sake buyer, Melissa Smith, will be pouring and discussing new spring releases of fantastic Sake from Japan.
- June 5: Ridge Vineyards. - One of our very favorite wineries, Ridge, will be in our SF store to feature their new releases.
- June 19: Sherryfest! - A selection of Sherries will be featured to celebrate Sherryfest in San Francisco!
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- April 25: Champagne Friday~ The Final Installment~ Series 4: Blends & Rarities! - For the final installment of this series of Champagne Fridays, Champagne Buyer Gary Westby has pulled together a very special lineup of Blends & Rarities for your educational pleasure!
Ariston Aspasie "Carte Blanche" Brut Champagne $27.99
Prévoteau-Perrier "Grande Reserve" Brut Champagne $39.99
Louis Roederer "Brut Premier" Champagne $39.99
Fleury "Cuveé Robert Fleury" Brut Champagne $36.99
Ariston Aspasie "Cepages d'Antan" Brut Champagne $99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
Cost to taste is $10.
- May 2: Knez Winery - A relative newcomer to the Anderson Valley, Knez Winery crafts single vineyard wines which display the influence of the ocean, fog, soil and patience. All of their vineyards are organic and their farming practices are sustainable and biodynamic! The produce Chardonnay and Pinot Noir every bit as complex, expressive and ageworthy as their compatriots in Burgundy, France. Stop by and say hello to winemaker Anthony Filiberti as he pours Knez's current release wines!
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.