- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- January 30: The Union Grand Crus Tasting of the 2012 Vintage - They are back! Taste over 80 different Chateaux as they present the 2012 vintage. Purchase now...
- February 14: Annual K&L Tap Takeover at Gourmet Haus Staudt! - It's time for our Beer Buyer, Jim Boyce, to take over the taps with our good friends at the Gourmet Haus Staudt! Event runs from 5:30-10:pm. Lineup to follow! Stay tuned! Gourmet Haus Staudt is located at 2615 Broadway Redwood City, CA 94063
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- January 31: Burgundy in all three stores. $20.00 - What better way to end than month than with the fabulous wines of Burgundy? Our buyer, Keith Wollenberg, will choose his current favorite and newly arrived red and white Burgundies to pour.
In Redwood City, buyer Keith Wollenberg will be pouring:
2012 Château Charrière Savigny-lès-Beaune Blanc "Vermots Dessus" Dom.Y. Girardin $24.99
2012 Château Charrière Santenay Blanc 1er Cru "Beauregard" Dom. Yves Girardin $29.99
2012 Domaine Bachelet-Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet $41.99
2012 Château de la Charrière Bourgogne Rouge Domaine Yves Girardin (Santenay) $17.99
2012 Domaine Cyrot-Buthiau Bourgogne Rouge (Maison Dieu -Pommard) $18.99
2012 Domaine Chicotot Bourgogne Rouge (Nuits-St. Georges) $19.99
2012 Château de la Charrière Beaune "Vieilles Vignes" Domaine Yves Girardin $21.99
2012 Domaine Marius Delarche Pernand Vergelesses Rouge $24.99
2012 Château de la Charrière Santenay 1er Cru "Clos Rousseau" Dom. Y. Girardin $27.99
2012 Domaine Cyrot-Buthiau Santenay 1er Cru "Clos Rousseau" $32.99
2012 Château de la Charrière Beaune 1er Cru "Vignes Franches" Dom. Y. Girardin $32.99
2012 Domaine Cyrot-Buthiau Volnay $39.95
2012 Domaine Marius Delarche Corton-Renardes Grand Cru $67.99
Walk-in Only. Lineup Subject to change.
- February 7: Wines of New Zealand and Australia in all three stores. - Buyer Ryan Woodhouse will feature wines from these two countries that were featured in our February 2nd E-news mailer. New releases, outstanding values and some cellar selections will be featured.
- February 14: Valentine's Day Champagne Tasting in all three stores! $20.00 - It's Valentine's Day and what better way to celebrate than with a flight of high-quality champagnes? Blanc de blanc, Brut and Brut Rose will be featured. New arrivals from some of our favorite small-estate vineyards will be (largely) featured.
San Francisco-"Love through the Ages". An exploration of vintages in Champagne.
NV Franck Bonville "Belles Voyes" Blanc de Blancs Brut (2004)-$69.99
2008 Franck Bonville Brut Blanc de Blancs-$84.99 (1.5L)
2008 Launois Blanc de Blanc Brut-$49.99
2007 Michel Loriot "Inspiration de Saison" Extra Brut (1.5L)-$69.99
2008 Ariston Aspasie vintage Brut-$39.99
2004 Veuve Clicquot Gold Label Reserve Brut-$64.99
2009 Marguet "Amboniacus" Brut Rose-$59.99
Plus more to be listed!
In Redwood City, Gary & Cinnamon Westby will be pouring Rose for Valentine's Day!:
Franck Bonville Brut Rosé Champagne $39.99
Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé Champagne $74.99
Baron-Fuenté "Dolores" Brut Rosé Champagne $28.99
Ariston Aspasie Brut Rosé Champagne $34.99
Bruno Michel Brut Rosé Champagne (1.5L) $89.99
Collard-Picard Brut Rose Champagne $39.99
Ruinart Brut Rosé Champagne $72.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
- February 21: Wines of Bordeaux in all three stores. - All three stores will feature wines from our February 16th Enewsletter, which highlights Bordeaux. New releases, old friends, great values and collectible wines will be featured.
- February 28: Wines of the Rhone Valley in all three stores. - This hugely popular region will be featured in all of our tasting bars today. We will focus upon Southern Rhone including Chateauneuf-du-Pape. These versatile wines are amongst some of our customers' favorites, so don't miss out on this opportunity!
- March 7: Wines of Chile and Argentina in all three stores. - Our Enewsletter of March 2nd highlighted the wines of Chile and Argentina and now you will have the opportunity to taste these wines in our tasting bars. Buyer Joe Manekin will picks his favorites and some other selections, as well.
- March 14: Wines of Germany in all three stores. - Buyer Eric Story will feature his newest releases from Germany, both red and white and possibly a sparkling wine or two. What better way to look forward to Spring?
- March 21: New domestic releases, highlighting 2012 cabernet sauvignon. $20.00 - This tasting will focus upon 2012 California cabernet sauvignon with selections tailored to each individual store. Our buyers will pick their favorites and post them prior to each tasting. Do NOT miss the opportunity to taste wines from this renowned vintage!
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- February 4: San Francisco - Nikka Japanese Single Malts - Chris Fu begins his four night February stand as he pours a selection of Nikka single malts
- February 11: San Francisco - Kavalan Taiwanese Single Malts - Chris Fu continues his San Francisco tastings with the fabled Taiwanese distillery Kavalan. Come see what the fuss is about!
- February 18: San Francisco - Benriach Single Malts - Chris Fu welcomes you to round three: Scotland's Benriach distillery and its lovely Highland single malts.
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- January 29: Winemaker Maynard Keenan of Caduceus Cellars. - Progressive metal songwriter, musician, record producer, winemaker and vocalist for Grammy Award-winning American progressive metal band Tool, will be in our SF store tonight to pour his latest releases from his winery, Caduceus Cellars. This is the perfect time for wine lovers and music lovers to meet him and learn about his wines.
- February 5: Wines of Turkey with Meritaj wines. - Importer Meritaj wines will be in our SF location to feature the wines of historic Gulor vineyards in Turkey. This ancient civilzation, like Greece and Italy, produce wonderful red and white wines that are worth exploring. Come in and taste their newest releases!
- February 19: Brick and Mortar wines of Napa. - Brick and Mortar wines of Napa Valley will be in our SF store to feature their latest chardonnay, pinot noir and Rose of pinot noir. Some great new releases that should not be missed!
- February 26: Dee d'Vine-The Honey wine company. - Our ever-growing selection of honey wines and ciders is getting it's own series of tastings! We start 2015 with the great honey wines of Bee d'Vine. These lovely sparkling meads come in Brut (dry) and demi-sec (slightly sweet) as well as other selections. A great opportunity to discover these great new products!
- March 5: Cain Vineyards. - One of our most popular wineries, Cain, will be in our SF store to feature their new cabernet sauvignons and red blends. This is one tasting that you will not want to miss!
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- February 5: Thirsty Thursdays: BEER WEEK! - Yes, we've missed you too! Our weekly Beer Tastings resume this week as we get ready for the kickoff of SF Beer Week!
Beer buyer Jim Boyce is back! Here is his lineup:
2009 De Struise Brouwers "Pannepot Grand Reserva" Old Fishermans Ale Aged in Oak Casks, Belgium 11.2 oz $9.49
2010 De Struise Brouwers "Pannepot Reserva" Old Fishermans Ale Aged in Oak Casks, Belgium 11.2 oz $7.99
De Struise Brouwers "Black Albert" Imperial Stout, Belgium 11.2 oz $9.99
2012 De Struise Brouwers "Black Damnation I-Black Berry" Imperial Stout, Belgium 750ml $44.99
2012 De Struise Brouwers "Black Damnation II-Mocha Bomb" Imperial Stout, Belgium 750ml $44.99
2012 De Struise Brouwers "Black Damnation III-Black Mes" Imperial Stout Aged in Whiskey Barrels, Belgium 750ml $44.99
2012 De Struise Brouwers "Black Damnation XII-Nuptiale A2" Imperial Stout Aged in Rum Barrels with Peaches, Belgium 750ml $44.99
Walk-in Only. Lineup subject to change.
This week the tasting is $10, friends.
- February 12: Thirsty Thursdays: Beer! Moved to Friday 2/13 This Week - To celebrate the end of SF Beer Week, we have moved this week's tasting to Friday night! Come check it out from 5pm-6:30pm tomorrow!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- January 30: Hewitson with winemaker Dean Hewitson! - Winemaker Dean Hewitson has re-routed his US travel plans to come and pour his spectacular wines just for YOU!
2013 Hewitson "LuLu" Sauvignon Blanc Adelaide Hills South Australia
2012 Hewitson "Baby Bush" Mourvèdre Barossa Valley South Australia
2012 Hewitson "Miss Harry" Rhône Blend Barossa Valley South Australia
2012 Hewitson "Ned & Henry's" Shiraz-Mourvedre Barossa Valley South Australia
2010 Hewitson "Old Garden" Mourvedre Barossa Valley South Australia
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
Cost to taste is $5
- February 6: Wines of Turkey with Meritaj Wines - Importer Meritaj wines will be in our Redwood City this evening to feature the wines of historic Gulor vineyards in Turkey. This ancient civilzation, like Greece and Italy, produce wonderful red and white wines that are worth exploring. Come in and taste their newest releases!
- February 13: Beer Friday! $10 - To celebrate the end of SF Beer Week, We are moving our Thursday Night Beer tasting this week to Friday Night. Come on out and discover some new goodies!
- February 20: Sake! - Tonight we will host an incredible Sake tasting with professional Tamiko Ishidate! Want to learn about the vast and varied world of Japanese Sake? Tonight is the night!
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at email@example.com
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.