- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- September 18: Achaval Ferrer with winemaker Santiago Achaval! - Please join us as we welcome the winemaker from Achaval Ferrer- Santiago Achaval- for a very special Thursday Night tasting! Santiago is only in the US for a brief time, but he has cleared his calendar to pour the latest releases of his wines only for our customers. Come meet one of the most famous winemakers from Argentina!
- October 18: Champagne Tent Event in Hollywood - Add some sparkle to your fall calendar with K&L Hollywood's Annual Champagne Tent Event. Join us on Saturday, October 18th from 4-7 p.m.as we present more than 50 different bubblies. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. Small bites will also be provided. This event will sell out. Purchase tickets now! Purchase here...
- October 19: Champagne Tent Event in San Francisco - Bubbles Galore! We are throwing our annual fall Champagne Tent Event on Sunday, October 19th at our San Francisco store from 2-5 p.m. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. More than 50 champagnes to taste. Small bites will also be provided. This event will benefit one of our favorite charities, the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation. ALCF was founded in 2006 and is one of the largest patient-driven philanthropies driven to eradicate lung cancer through research, awareness, education, early detection and treatment. Please join us in supporting this amazing charity. Purchase now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- August 23: Wines of New Zealand, Australia and South Africa in all three stores. - All three stores will feature wines from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
There is nothing wrong with finding a wine you really like, and then drinking that same wine over and over again. But we think that wine is also about exploration. Some of the strongest, most evocative moments happen when you experience an aroma or flavor that is new to you, or unique in the world; something that makes you say "Wow, that's really interesting!" We believe that this is likely to happen when you step outside of your safety zone and take a walk on the wild side. Who knows what you might experience! Come check out our latest Direct Imports this weekend!
2013 Sittella Verdelho Swan Valley Western Australia $14.99
2013 Mount Trio Sauvignon Blanc Great Southern $11.99
2013 Hermanuspietersfontein (HPF) "Nr.3 Bergblokke" Sauvignon Blanc Sondagskloof $11.99
2013 Hermanuspietersfontein (HPF) "Nr.7" Sauvignon Blanc Sondagskloof $14.99
2012 Kerrigan + Berry Riesling Mt Barker Western Australia $24.99
2012 Oakridge Single Vineyard Series "d'Aloisio Vineyard" Chardonnay Yarra Valley $22.99
2013 Springvale Vineyards "Melrose" Pinot Noir Freycinet Coast, Tasmania $15.99
2012 Oakridge Single Vineyard Series "Guerin Vineyard" Pinot Noir Yarra Valley $22.99
2012 Oakridge Single Vineyard Series "Oakridge/Whitsend Vineyard" Shiraz Yarra Valley $22.99
2012 Sittella Shiraz / Grenache / Tempranillo Swan Valley Western Australia $19.99
2012 Mount Trio Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot Great Southern $13.99
2009 Kerrigan + Berry Cabernet Sauvignon Western Australia $49.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
Cost to taste is $20.
- August 30: Burgundy in all three stores. - All three stores will end the long summer with a tasting of our newest arrivals of red and white Burgundies chosen by buyer Keith Wollenberg.
- September 6: Old & Rare Wines- Blind Tasting! All three stores - We challenge you to an Old & Rare Blind wine tasting! Young wines have a certain footprint, but can you identify their nuances as they age? All three stores.
- September 20: Beer in Redwood City and Hollywood. San Francisco tasting bar closed for special event. - Our two "Southern" stores will feature artisinal and seasonal beers. Our SF store will be closed for a special Bordeaux tasting at Alexander's steakhouse. Please see our "Special Events" lisintg for information about this event.
- September 27: Sundry Saturday - All Three Stores - A tasting of red and white sundries from around the globe- anything goes but the usual stuff! (Hint: no Chardonnay, no Sauvignon Blanc, no Pinot Noir, no Cabernet Sauvignon, no Syrah and no Zinfandel!) Each store will determine its most fun and interesting miscellaneous wines for your tasting pleasure!
Our San Francisco store will be doing this tasting "blind". Put your palate to the test and try to guess the varietal!
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- August 20: Redwood City: Super Special Single Malt Tasting - Surprise Scotch tasting tonight! Come join us for the unveiling of our latest exclusive barrels direct from Scotland. The line up is a secret, but we will say that one of the malts is old enough to buy you a drink....
Tasting is Free!
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- August 21: Failla Wines - $5
- Our favorite Napa based winery producing the most top notch Sonoma Coast wines will be here sharing their Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah. We will be pouring:
2012 Failla Sonoma Coast Chardonnay $34.99
2011 Failla "Chuy Vineyard" Sonoma Valley Chardonnay $59.99
2012 Failla Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir $32.99
2010 Failla "Hudson Vineyard" Napa Valley Syrah $52.99
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- August 21: Oliver McCrum Wines-Wines of Italy. - The venerable Oliver McCrum wines will be in our store to feature their latest releases of wines from Italy. A bit of red, a bit of white and a whole lot of fun! Just say "allo, Ollie"!
- August 28: Nest and Maimai Vineyards of New Zealand. - These two awesome New Zealand vineyards will be pouring their latest selections in our San Francisco store.
- September 4: Cain Vineyards. - This renowned and historical winery will be in our SF store to pour their latest release Bordeaux blends.
- September 11: Devoto Ciders. - This boutique cider producer will be in our SF store to pour an array of ciders, which are taking NorCal by storm. Don't miss the boat! Come in and find out what all the fuss is about.
- September 18: Roco Vineyards. - This super-popular winery will be in our SF to pour their latest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay selections.
- September 25: Vintage 59 imports-Wines of Burgundy. - Vintage 59 imports will be in our SF store to feature newly arrived red and white Burgundies that they import into the US.
- October 2: Big Basin Vineyards. - This fantastic Syrah and Pinot Noir producer will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases.
- October 9: Te Whare Ra Vineyards of New Zealand. - One of our favorite NZ vineyards will be making a very special appearance in our SF store to present their latest red and white releases.
- October 16: Sake with Melissa Smith. - Our Sake buyer and expert, Melissa Smtih, will be in our SF to continue with our series of Sake tastings. Melissa will be featuring some Fall releases as well as some of her favorite Sake's. Just come in an say: 、最大何ベーブですか？ , Saidai nan bēbudesu ka?
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- August 21: Thirsty Thursdays! Barrel Aged Goodness! - For this week's tasting, we will be pouring a small selection of our Barrel Aged beers. From sours to quads, we hope to show a nice sample of what a little wood can do:
Central Waters/Local Option "La Petite Mort" Bourbon Barrel-aged Belgian Weizenbock, Wisconsin
Clown Shoes "Ride the Lion" Wee Heavy Ale Brewed w/ Heather Tips aged in Bourbon Barrels, Massachusetts
Lost Abbey "Track #8 - The Number of the Beast" Bourbon Barrel Aged Quad, California
Mikkeller "HUES" Spontaneous Fermented Beer Aged In Hungarian Oak Barrels, Denmark
Santa Clara Valley Brewing Co. "Heart's Delight Summer Ale" Brett Ale w/ Cherries aged in Wine Barrels, California
2014 Almanac Beer Company "Dark Pumpkin" Ale Brewed w/ Pumpkins & Spices aged in Wine Barrels, California
Walk-in Only. Lineup subject to change.
6 beers for 5 bucks.
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- August 22: Wines of Spain - It's time to get festive! Kick off your weekend right with a trip to Spain!
Buyer Joe Manekin has a lovely summary of the wines for you:
Leggo my Sabrego!
The fino, is muy keen-o.
Millet is fine but I really like espelt.
You won't find Pruno like this at the commissary!
2010 Rafael Palacios "Sabrego" Godello Valdeorras $14.99
Equipo Navazos La Bota de Fino #35 $44.99
2012 Espelt "Old Vines" Garnacha Emporda $9.99
2012 Casa Castillo Monastrell Jumilla $9.99
2010 Finca Villacreces "Pruno" Ribera del Duero $19.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
Cost to taste is $5
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.