- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- August 2: "Blind" International Pinot Noirs in all three stores. - All three of our stores will feature a "blind" tasting of Pinot Noir from around the world. Come in and test your palate!
- August 9: Rhone and French Regional wines! - All three stores will feature wines from the latest newsletter!
- August 16: Bordeaux in all three stores. - Yes, you know that it is mid-month when you see Bordeaux! This month, we will focus upon affordable Bordeaux. Yes, they are out there!
- August 23: Wines of the Commonwelath in all three stores. - All three stores will feature wines from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- July 31: Pali Wine Company. - Pali Wine Company vineyards will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases of red and white wines.
- August 7: Vintage 59 Imports-Wines of Champagne and the Loire Valley. - Vintage 59 Imports will be in the SF store to feature Champagne and wines of the Loire Valley that they import into the US. Small estate vineayrds=high quality!
- August 14: Bethel Heights Vineyards. - This outstanding Oregon producer will be in our SF store to pour their latest releases.
- August 21: Oliver McCrum Wines-Wines of Italy. - The venerable Oliver McCrum wines will be in our store to feature their latest releases of wines from Italy. A bit of red, a bit of white and a whole lot of fun! Just say "allo, Ollie"!
- August 28: Nest and Maimai Vineyards of New Zeland. - These two awesome New Zealand vineyards will be pouring their latest selections in our San Francisco store.
- September 4: Cain Vineyards. - This renowned and historical winery will be in our SF store to pour their latest release Bordeaux blends.
- September 11: Devoto Ciders. - This boutique cider producer will be in our SF store to pour an array of ciders, which are taking NorCal by storm. Don't miss the boat! Come in and find out what all the fuss is about.
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Melissa Lavrinc Smith - In addition to being the Head Sommelier for K&L's Personal Sommelier service and working at K&L full time, she also conducts private and corporate wine, spirits, and cocktail events. As a classically trained chef, Melissa is known for putting on outstanding events focusing on food and wine pairings, as well as more formal wine and sake seminars. Contact Melissa at 650-556-2712 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.