- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- May 25: Italian wine tasting in San Francisco store-12 noon to 1 p.m. - Maggio 25th 2013-$20.00
1. 2012 Rocca di Montegrossi Rosato-$14.99
2.2012 Valle dell'Acate "Ibidini Insolia" Sicilia-$11.99
3. 2009 Sella e Mosca Cannonau di Sardegna Riserva-$14.99
4. 2010 Erik Banti "Ciabatta" Morellino di Scansano Riserva-$18.99
5. 2011 Rocca di Montegrossi Chianti Classico-$18.99
6. 2007 Altesino Brunello di Montalcino-$51.99
7. 2010 Sandro Fay Valtellina Superiore Valgella Carteria-$29.99-Nebbiolo
8.2006 Trabucchi Amarone della Valpolicella-$74.99
9. 2005 Aldo Conterno "Cicala" Barolo-(Mag $149.99)-$54.99
10.2004 Villa Pillo Vin Santo (375ml)-$24.99
2012 Rocca di Montegrossi Extra Vergine Olive Oil (500ml) $24.99 (served with fresh baguette)
- May 25: Red wines of Italy-North to South! - Buyer Greg St. Clair will feature his latest and greatest red wines from Friuli to Sicily. Not to be missed! Cost: $20. To give you a sense of what to esxpect, here is what we're pouring in Redwood City:
2011 Cenatiempo Ischia Bianco Superiore $15.99
2011 La Sibilla Campi Flegrei Falanghina $16.99
2011 Tenuta Sarno 1860 Fiano di Avellino $24.99
2012 Rocca di Montegrossi Rosato $14.99
2011 Rocca di Montegrossi Chianti Classico $18.99
2007 Rocca di Montegrossi "San Marcellino" Chianti Classico $42.99
2008 Ascheri Barolo $29.99
2008 Ruggeri Corsini "Bussia" Barolo $37.99
2008 Baudana "Bricco Cerretta" Barolo $74.99
2010 Antinori "Tenuta Guado al Tasso Il Bruciato" Toscana $22.99
2010 Sapaio "Volpolo" Bolgheri $34.99
2010 Gaja Ca' Marcanda "Promis" Toscana $39.99
Walk in only. Final lineup and pricing subject to change.
- June 1: Wines of the Central Coast - Our region of the month, the Central Coast, will be featured with some of Bryan Brick’s favorites from his Central Coast report.
- June 8: Champagne in all three stores! - Time to revisit on of our favorite regions. This time out, we will focus upon small-estate bottlings and new releases.
- June 15: Bordeaux in all three stores. - Our monthly Bordeaux tasting will be a little different this month....a blind taste off between the 2009 and 2010 vintages. Find out just how much you know about Bordeaux! Which vintage is for you?
- June 22: Wines of Australia, New Zeland and South Africa. - It's time to visit "down under"! Our buyer, Jim Chanteloup, will pick his favorite new red and white releases.
- June 29: Pinot Noir Tasting in Hollywood. - Our Hollywood store will feature their latest and greatest Pinot Noir releases from the USA.
- June 29: Pinot Days-San Francisco Store-12 noon to 3 p.m. - Four California pinot producers will pour to 2-3 wines each to interested customers and will talk about their labors of love making wine from this noble grape. During the three hour tasting, attendees will have the opportunity to taste several wines from four of our favorite Pinot producers while rubbing elbows with the winery owners and winemakers who craft the wines. In addition, if you purchase $300 of four attending producers’ pinot from K&L, Pinot Days will provide you two complimentary tickets to our Grand Festival (a $150 value!). Join us for this unique opportunity to taste and meet with winemakers in an intimate setting. Lineup will be posted soon. Purchase Advance Tickets Now! http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1131274
- June 29: Pinot Days-Redwood City store-1 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Four California pinot producers will pour to 2-3 wines each to interested customers and will talk about their labors of love making wine from this noble grape. During the three hour tasting, attendees will have the opportunity to taste several wines from four of our favorite Pinot producers while rubbing elbows with the winery owners and winemakers who craft the wines. In addition, if you purchase $300 of four attending producers’ pinot from K&L, Pinot Days will provide you two complimentary tickets to our Grand Festival (a $150 value!). Join us for this unique opportunity to taste and meet with winemakers in an intimate setting. Lineup will be posted soon. Purchase Advance Tickets Now! http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1131276
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- May 29: San Francisco - North Shore Distillery w/Sonja Kassebaum in person! - Our favorite Chicago distillers visit the San Francisco store for some hot gin action!
- May 29: Redwood City - Glenlivet Single Malt Seminar - Come and learn more about one of the most beloved single malts in all of Scotland. This is not a walk-in event, but an actual seminar on Glenlivet that will begin at 5 PM. RSVP is required to attend. Please contact email@example.com to reserve a spot for free.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- May 30: Pali Wine Company. - Pali wines will be featuring their red and white wines in our SF store.
- June 20: Big Basin Vineyards. - The wines of this Syrah specialist will be featured in the SF tasting bar on this day.
- July 4: Tasting Bar Closed-Happy 4th of July. - Our stores will be open on this day although our tasting bars will be closed.
- July 11: Seven Hills Vineyards of Washington State. - Winemaker Eric McLaughlin will be in the SF store to pour his latest releases. A tasting that is not to be missed!
- July 25: The wines of Ch. Montelena. - The very famous (and popular!) Chateau Montelena will feature their reds and a white on this evening. A very special tasting that is not to be missed!
- August 1: Robert Craig Vineyards. - This renowned Cabernet Sauvignon producer will preview their 2010 vintage and also a number of Library selection wines.
- August 8: Dinastia Vivanco Rioja. - This popular Rioja producer will be hosting a very special tasting in our SF store on this evening.
- August 15: Cannonball Vineyards. - Look out! It's Cannonball vineyards and their customer pleasing wines!
- August 22: Champagne Ruinart! - Time to beat the heat with bubbles! Oops! This is San Francisco in the "summer". Time to keep warm with bubbles! One of our very favorite Champagne producers will be in the SF store to feature their super-popular Blanc de Blancs and Rose champagnes. Don't miss it!
- August 29: Le P'tit Paysan Vineyards. - This popular Monterey area vineyard will make their first appearance in the SF store. Come on by and taste their fabulous wines!
- October 3: Champagne Ruinart-Part Deux. - If you missed the Ruinart tasting in August, we are giving you a second chance! Another opportunity to taste their hugely popular Blanc de Blanc and Rose champagnes.
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- May 24: K&l RWC| The Other Guys - If you're in the market for wines that deliver bang for the buck, then you want to know what the Other Guys are all about. Come on down and taste! Here's teh lineup
2010 White Knight Moscato
2010 Moo Buzz Chardonnay
2010 Hey Mambo Sultry Red
2011 Plungerhead Zinfandel, Lodi
2011 Pennywise Petite Sirah
Cost to taste: $5. Walk in only. Final lineup and pricing subject to change.
- July 5: K&L RWC| Beer! - Taste new arrivals and seasonal brews with K&L's Beer Buyer Bryan Brick. Always a great time!
- July 12: K&L RWC| Seven Hills (Washington) - Join us to taste current releases from this excellent Washington estate.
- July 19: K&L RWC| Trefethen - We'll be tasting current releases from this esteemed Napa producer. Come on down!
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? We work closely with a couple partners that can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.