Copper & Kings "Butchertown" Reserve Casks Brandy (750ml) (Previously 60)
Available exclusively at K&L in California, Copper & Kings is going be the next big thing in American microdistillation. Think of them as the St. George or the Anchor Steam of Kentucky. Started in 2014 by Joe and Lesley Heron, the Louisville-based brandy upstart uses three gigantic Vendome copper pot stills to craft a number of different brandy expressions, both from grapes and apples. Those spirits are then blended into an aged solera system of older expressions, created from mature stocks purchased across the country from other pot-distilling brandy producers. The results are absolutely incredible, and we couldn't be more excited to offer them here to our savvy consumers. At 124 proof, the Butchertown brandy is a beast of a spirit, packing an explosion of flavor normally found in bottles of Booker's or Four Roses, rather than Cognac or Armagnac. Using older reserve stocks from the solera base, 75% of which were aged in ex-Bourbon casks, the other 25% in new American oak, the brandy is brimming with Bourbon-esque flavors: charred oak, vanilla bean and caramel, accented with the roundness of the fruit. Try this in a Manhattan, or even a Highball with ice and soda water. We think it will become a mainstay of your bar from that point forward.