Local Delivery Available Curbside 11am-6pm Daily Stores Temporarily Closed

2018 Hundred Suns "Tualatin Estate" Willamette Valley Gamay Noir

SKU #1459302

Hundred Suns is a reference to the approximately 100 days of the growing season between flowering and harvest. Winery note: "Recognizing the ripe nature of the 2018 vintage, we divided 60% of the total yields into two small carbonic fermentations to retain freshness. The whole clusters spent 12 days in sealed tanks with no sulfur or manipulations, and we then pressed to neutral oak and aged for 7 months. The remaining 40% was destemmed and fermented with native yeast for 28 days. This deep and complex counterpart was aged for 7 months in terracotta amphora. In June 2019, the wines were gently moved to tank and bottled unfined and unfiltered. The finished wine carries a rich garnet color and luscious perfumes of exotic plum, wet granite and pungent floral tones. The palate is broad and mouth-filling with luscious blue fruits mixed with semi-sweet chocolate. This historic estate was established in the early 1970s by pioneer Bill Fuller. Our parcel of Gamay (in fact, the only gamay planted at the site) came from a hidden corner of the vineyard and was uncovered by our friend, Evan Martin, who offered us a one-acre piece of this amazing site planted on marine sedimentary soils."


Share |
Price: $29.95

Real Time Inventory by location:

The item you have chosen is in stock, and has inventory in at least one of our retail stores. Below is the current quantity on hand information for this product within our database. It is never more than five minutes old. Additionally, our shopping cart looks at real time inventory so when you add an item to you cart we will do an immediate check of available inventory and alert you if there are any issues.

Location Qty
Redwood City: 2
San Francisco: 6
Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup. For a detailed explanation click here.

We think you’ll also like

Product Reviews:

Additional Information: