Local Delivery Available  •   Stores Now Open Tues-Sun  •   Curbside Pickup Everyday

2006 Fallet-Dart Vintage Brut Champagne

SKU #1254188

This all-estate Champagne is composed of 70% Chardonnay and 30% Pinot Noir, with 8 grams per liter of dosage. It has a very pale color for a wine of this age and an almost minty, white nectarine aroma. While it is very generous and textural on the palate, it is also quite focused on the finish, with a long, dry, chalk-infused finish. (Gary Westby, K&L Champagne buyer)


Share |
Price: $54.99
Add To Waiting List

Real Time Inventory by location:

The item you have chosen is not in stock in our retail stores or within our main warehouse.

Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup. For a detailed explanation click here.

Related Items

Loading recommendations

Product Reviews:

By: Christina Stanley | K&L Staff Member | Review Date: 6/10/2017 | Send Email
This Chardonnay-driven brut is lovely and delicate, with aromas of almond, hazelnut and Golden Delicious apple. It is the definition of balance, having spent sufficient time on the lees to mellow and acquire a viscosity that complements the rich fruit and spice flavors. The acid is more subdued here than others in the Fallet-Dart house, and this is a beautiful Champagne to sip unaccompanied by food, if one so chooses.

By: Stefanie Juelsgaard | K&L Staff Member | Review Date: 6/7/2017 | Send Email
Even though 2006 was regarded as having produced Champagnes that exhibit more softness, richness, and roundness, this particular iteration is still showing a lot of brightness, fruitiness and acidity, which is a real testament to the winemaking. This is a Chardonnay heavy blend, accounting for 70% and the other 30% from Pinot Meunier. The Chardonnay comes from their Clos du Mont estate, which is regarded as one of the highest end and longest-established in Champagne. If you are looking for a softer style Champagne that still has good aging potential, this guy is for you.

By: Andrew Whiteley | K&L Staff Member | Review Date: 7/3/2016 | Send Email
This amazing deal is beautifully rich, but not opulent. Its gracious texture is round and toasty and the fruit is generous. There are aromas of nectarines, peaches, apples, and oranges. The palate also shows great fruit, but an added nuttiness, like a candied walnut. The finish is long and precise. I love vintage champagne and this just moved to the top of my list for the summer. It’s a perfect pairing for grilled chicken or pan seared fishes. Celebrate your next great meal!

By: David Driscoll | K&L Staff Member | Review Date: 6/6/2016 | Send Email
This is a wine of supreme balance. There's no one flavor that overwhelms the sense, it's just the combination of a number of elements working in total harmony that make this wine special. There's a lovely breadiness, just the right amount of richness, and a nice crisp acidity that firmly holds the body together. Fallet Dart is an exciting new addition to our exclusive Champagne portfolio. Being able to offer vintage Champagne with this much maturity for this price is something I look forward to doing regularly in the store.

Additional Information:

;