2016 The Rare Barrel "Soliloquy" Sour Beer Aged in Oak Barrels w/ Rose Hips & Orange Peels, California (750ml)

SKU #1301640

This 2nd bottled blend was released in early 2017 (the 1st bottled blend was an exclusive club beer released in early 2015). Our blending team selected barrels from 4 different types of golden sours to create this blend. Approximately 68% of the blend consists of moderate+ sour beer that aged in oak for 12 months, and the other 32% of the blend comes from lightly tart saisons aged in oak barrels for about 8 months. Shortly after blending all of the barrels together, we briefly circulated the blend through rose hips and orange peel to bring out our desired citrus character.

Share |
Price: $24.99
Add To Waiting List

Real Time Inventory by location:

The item you have chosen is not in stock in our retail stores or within our main warehouse.

Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup. For a detailed explanation click here.

Additional Information:

Country:

United States

- When people consider domestic wine, they normally think about the state of California. The fine viticultural Region within California, including the Napa Valley, Sonoma, Santa Cruz Mountains, Mendocino and Santa Barbara, are capable of growing grapes of world-class quality. But there's plenty of fabulous wine coming from other states, too. Oregon, Washington and New York are also causing eyebrows (and glassware) to be raised around the world. Click for a list of bestselling items from the United States.
Sub-Region:

California

- With the explosive growth that California's wine industry has seen the past several years, it's easy to view winemaking and grape growing in the Golden State as a recent phenomenon. And while it's true that California's viticultural history is brief compared to several European countries, this state's roots date back well over 200 years. Due to the enormous response to California wine within the United States and worldwide, there are thousands of excellent and diverse wines being produced within the state each year. For our entire selection of California wines, please visit this link.
Alcohol Content (%): 5.5