2014 Omero Cellars Willamette Valley Chardonnay

SKU #1258681

This small winery focuses on using grapes sustainable, organic, and biodynamic vineyards. They craft their wines in the most natural way possible, without chemicals and using indigenous yeasts. This Chardonnay comes from two vineyard sites, Stein Vineyard in the warmer Yamhill-Carlton AVA, and Johan Vineyard in the Van Duzer Corridor. 60% of the fermentation occurred in new 140 liter Chablis casks and the remaining 40% in neutral French oak barrique. Primary and malolactic fermentation required 8 months to complete, and at 10 months the wine was racked to a stainless steel tank to rest on its fine lees for an additional 5 months prior to bottling. David Schildknecht writing for Wine Advocate says: "Sarah Cabot came to wine making via gastronomy after having studied jazz composition at Boston’s celebrated Berklee College of Music, and her previous Willamette jobs were at Belle Pente and WillaKenzie. David Moore – with whom Cabot worked at a Seattle restaurant and whose parents Bill and Stacie founded Omero Cellars and purchased its Ribbon Ridge vineyard (then just orchard remnants and scrub) in 2008 – takes charge of matters viticultural. Their work is impressive and I suspect this winery will gain wide recognition as a rising Willamette star." (10/2013)

Share |
Price: $21.99

Real Time Inventory by location:

The item you have chosen is in stock, and has inventory in at least one of our retail stores. Below is the current quantity on hand information for this product within our database. It is never more than five minutes old. Additionally, our shopping cart looks at real time inventory so when you add an item to you cart we will do an immediate check of available inventory and alert you if there are any issues.

Location Qty
Redwood City: 6
San Francisco: 10
Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup. For a detailed explanation click here.

Additional Information:



- It's hard to believe that up until about 30 years ago, this extremely popular varietal hid behind the veil of geographical names like Chablis and Puligny-Montrachet. Now grown all over the world and bottled by its varietal name, Chardonnay has achieved a level of branding unlike any other wine. Surprisingly, though, what you get when you buy Chardonnay can differ greatly from country to country and even within one country, depending on the climate where it's grown and how it is vinified and aged. From fresh, crisp and minerally with apple and lemon notes to rich and buttery with tropical fruit overtones, Chardonnay runs the gamut. In France's Burgundy, Chardonnay is the source of the prized wines of Chablis, Corton-Charlemagne, Mâcon, Meursault and Montrachet. It also the foundation of exceptional Champagne, where it is blended with Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier or vinified on its own into Blanc de Blancs. It is also extremely popular in California, and is gaining popularity in Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain and South Africa.

United States

- When people consider domestic wine, they normally think about the state of California. The fine viticultural Region within California, including the Napa Valley, Sonoma, Santa Cruz Mountains, Mendocino and Santa Barbara, are capable of growing grapes of world-class quality. But there's plenty of fabulous wine coming from other states, too. Oregon, Washington and New York are also causing eyebrows (and glassware) to be raised around the world. Click for a list of bestselling items from the United States.


- Highly touted for its Pinot Noirs, Oregon is part of the up-and-coming winemaking industry in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. Most of Oregon is directly affected by the climate coming off of the Pacific Ocean, giving it mild winters and wet summers. This makes it a difficult place to ripen grapes, but some say that the harder grapes have to struggle, the more complex they will turn out to be. Chardonnay and Pinot Gris are two important and successful grapes grown in Oregon.
Alcohol Content (%): 13