2004 Vice Versa Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

SKU #1047513

94 points Wine Spectator: "Enticingly complex, with a delicious mix of ripe dried currant and berry flavors shaded by creamy oak. Focused, intense and concentrated, with a long, persistent, offering subtle flavor nuances. Drink now through 2012. 175 cases made." (02/08) 93 points Robert Parker: "A stunner, the 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon Vice Versa (97% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Stagecoach Vineyard and 3% from the Beckstoffer site) boasts abundant aromas of sweet creme de cassis intermixed with smoke, bay leaf, chocolate, incense, and licorice. Superb fruit and opulence are buttressed by impressive structure, acidity, and purity. Enjoy this beautiful Cabernet Sauvignon over the next 15+ years." (12/06) Vice Versa winemaker Patrice Breton works closely with famed consulting winemaker Paul Hobbs on this flagship wine. The final blend of 97% Cabernet Sauvignon from the acclaimed Stagecoach Vineyard and the remaining 3% from the legendary Beckstoffer To Kalon is aged for 22 months in 60% new French oak barrels and bottled unfined and unfiltered. Only 175 cases produced! Wines should arrive May 15th

Share |
Price: $99.99
Add To Waiting List

Real Time Inventory by location:

The item you have chosen is not in stock in our retail stores or within our main warehouse.

Product turnaround time varies by location of inventory and your chosen method of shipping/pickup. For a detailed explanation click here.

Additional Information:


Cabernet Sauvignon and Blends

- Cabernet Sauvignon has come a long way from its role as a blending varietal, however dominant, in the wines of Bordeaux. Today it is the most planted red varietal in the world. Identified as a descendent of Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc, the late-ripening Cabernet Sauvignon needs to be planted in warmer climates to fully ripen. Its small berries can easily be identified for their distinctive blue color, thick skins and high tannins. And while the varietal has its own definitive characteristics: green pepper-like aromas and black currant flavors among them, it is perhaps most prized for its ability to convey terroir, vintage and winemaking. A relatively new varietal, Cabernet Sauvignon started making inroads into the wines of the M├ędoc and Graves in the late-18th century. Today it is also dominant in the up-and-coming Entre-Deux-Mers region of Bordeaux and can also be found in Southwest France. It is the companion varietal to Sangiovese in Italy's Super Tuscans and is planted all over Europe, stretching to lesser-known winegrowing regions like Russia and Lebanon. In the Americas Cabernet Sauvignon has found champions in every nook and cranny of California and among winemakers in Washington, where it complements plantings of Merlot. In South America, Cab thrives in Chile, but can also be found in smaller amounts in Argentina and even in Mexico.

United States

- When people consider domestic wine, they normally think about the state of California. The fine viticultural Region within California, including the Napa Valley, Sonoma, Santa Cruz Mountains, Mendocino and Santa Barbara, are capable of growing grapes of world-class quality. But there's plenty of fabulous wine coming from other states, too. Oregon, Washington and New York are also causing eyebrows (and glassware) to be raised around the world. Click for a list of bestselling items from the United States.


- With the explosive growth that California's wine industry has seen the past several years, it's easy to view winemaking and grape growing in the Golden State as a recent phenomenon. And while it's true that California's viticultural history is brief compared to several European countries, this state's roots date back well over 200 years. Due to the enormous response to California wine within the United States and worldwide, there are thousands of excellent and diverse wines being produced within the state each year. For our entire selection of California wines, please visit this link.
Specific Appellation:

Napa Valley

- America's most famous wine region, which encompasses a varied geographical territory running about 20 miles long from the San Francisco Bay northward to the foot of Mount St. Helena. Napa's great diversity, both in terms of climate and terroir, has led to the creation of a number of smaller AVAs like Stags Leap District, Rutherford, Howell Mountain, Oakville and Mount Veeder, among others. Cabernet and chardonnay still reign supreme, but just about everything under the sun is grown in Napa Valley, in quality levels ranging from $2 jug wine to $500 a bottle California cab.