- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
Jobs / Employment
K&L is always looking for bright and motivated people. Due to the rapid growth of our in-store as well as Internet business, we love receiving new resumes! (We aren’t always able to get back to everyone who emails us, but rest assured - if we see a good match, we’ll contact you!)
Most often, we are looking for:
Wine Sales Associates
Here is a fantastic opportunity for people serious about sales within the retail wine business. The functions would primarily include selling wine to the public in the store and on the telephone. Advantage will be given to people with background in wine and with computer skills. This is a great career opportunity in an enjoyable industry!
- In-Store Wine sales
- Wine sales over the phone
- Wine sales by way of the Internet (via Email correspondence with customers of klwines.com).
- At least 1-3 years experience in wine industry highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to interact well with customers, and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Must be a self-starter, as well as a strong team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Windows, as well as Word and Excel. Proficient with web browser and Email applications. Additional skills highly desired. Position is 40 hours per week. Benefits include medical, dental, 401K.
Warehousing and Operations Associate
Wine retailer (K&L Wine Merchants - www.KLWines.com) is looking for a Warehouse and Operations Associate. Applicants must be extremely detail-oriented, good with computers, and efficient team players. You will need to be obsessed with ensuring the accuracy of our inventory.
- Receive and check-in deliveries and transfers
- Pull wines from inventory for customer orders
- Pull wines from inventory for transfer between locations
- Process credit-cards for completed orders
- Pack and label completed orders for shipment or pick-up
- Maintain, update and follow-up on problem orders
- Understand the flow of inventory between locations
- Assist with daily loading and unloading of K&L delivery van
- Warehouse maintenance – sweeping, cardboard breakdown etc.
- Perform occasional deliveries and errands
We sell thousands of different wines. Many of them are difficult to distinguish from each other. A previous wine background is an advantage, but a willingness to learn everything you can in order to minimize mistakes and be effective in your job is absolutely required. You will need to become an expert at recognizing the minor differences between wine labels, which will be the difference between our sending the correct or incorrect wine to the customer.
Employment offer would be contingent upon successfully passing drug test, criminal background screen, and having a clean driving record. Must provide references. Do not call or fax resume. Send it to email@example.com
K&L Wine Merchants is recognized as one of the leading independent wine merchants in the United States. Since 1976, we've been selling the world's finest wines to customers throughout the United States by mail order (and on the Web since 1997). Our sales channels include walk-in retail, phone sales, and online commerce. All areas of our business are growing rapidly and the atmosphere is both exciting and challenging. We have stores in Redwood City (about 10 minutes north of Palo Alto), San Francisco, and Hollywood. We also sell thousands of different wines to customers across the country through our newsletter and Web site. K&L has been featured in dozens of publications including Time, Money, Forbes ASAP, Smart Money, the Wall Street Journal, and The Wine Spectator.