- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- January 25: San Francisco - Oliver McCrum Wine Tasting
5pm - 6:30pm - $5 Tasting Fee
2014 Anna Maria Abbona "Sorí dij But" Dolcetto di Dogliani $16.99
2014 Marco Porello Nebbiolo d'Alba $17.99
Sorelle Bronca "Particella 68" Prosecco $21.99
Sorelle Bronca Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Extra Dry $17.99 * Line-up Subject To Change
- January 27: Union des Grands Crus Tasting at the Westin St Francis - K&L Wine Merchants will present the 2014 vintage from the members of the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux (UGC) at the Westin St Francis (335 Powell St) in San Francisco on Friday, January 27th, 2017. Guests will have the opportunity to taste with more than 80 different châteaux owners and representatives from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. $65 per person (tax not included). Purchase tickets here...
- March 10: James Suckling's Great Wines of Italy Beverly Hills - JamesSuckling.com is delighted to present the Great Wines of Italy San Francisco on March 11 at the Presidio at the Golden Gate Club, featuring the region’s most sought-after wines from prestigious Italian brands as well as chosen premium boutique wineries. Last year in 2016, the same event—Great Wines of Italy Asia—was a sold-out success, attracting nearly 3,000 registered attendees between Hong Kong and Bangkok (here’s a video recap). We anticipate the same crowds in the United States. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-wines-of-italy-beverly-hills-2017-tickets-30363034654?aff=es2
- March 11: James Suckling's Great Wines of Italy San Francisco - JamesSuckling.com is delighted to present the Great Wines of Italy San Francisco on March 11 at the Presidio at the Golden Gate Club, featuring the region’s most sought-after wines from prestigious Italian brands as well as chosen premium boutique wineries. Last year in 2016, the same event—Great Wines of Italy Asia—was a sold-out success, attracting nearly 3,000 registered attendees between Hong Kong and Bangkok (here’s a video recap). We anticipate the same crowds in the United States. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-wines-of-italy-san-francisco-2017-tickets-30363402755?discount=KL
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- January 21: Hollywood -Meet the Winemakers with Cornelius Dönnhoff & Andi Spreitzer 1:00PM-2:45PM
- The Hollywood location will be hosting two iconic producers from the Nahe & Rheingau. Meet legendary German winemakers, Cornelius Dönnhoff from Weingut Dönnhoff and Andi Spreitzer from Weingut Josef Spreitzer. Come learn about the Nahe & Rheingau from the producers themselves while they pour you a great selection of their wines.
This is a free educational tasting, but there is limited space. You MUST reserve a ticket in advance. Line-up TBD.
Reserve tickets here: http://klwines.com/p/i?i=1288196
- January 21: Wines of Bordeaux! Redwood City, San Francisco and Hollywood - Tasting Fee $20.00
Our first Bordeaux tasting of 2017! This IS Bordeaux month with the popular UGC Event and the Fete du Bordeaux, so Bordeaux lovers are rejoicing this January!
San Francisco Tasting is from Noon to 3pm
Redwood City Tasting is from 1:00-4:00pm
Hollywood Tasting from 3:00-5:30pm
2013 Gazin-Rocquencourt Blanc, Pessac- Léognan
2014 de France Rouge Pessac-Léognan $24.99
2010 Chateau L’Argenteyre, Médoc $14.99
2010 Lamothe-Bergeron Haut-Médoc $18.99
2011 Pauillac de Latour, Pauillac $69.99
2012 Gloria, St Julien $34.99
2012 Malartic-Lagraviére, Pessac Léognan $39.99
2009 Larrivet Haut-Brion Pessac Léognan $39.99
1998 Haut-Bergey, Pessac Léognan $24.99
2005 Coutet, Sauternes $29.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
- January 28: Hollywood - Domestic Tasting: Wines of Santa Barbara
- Join us for a tasting focused on the wines of our neighbors just north of LA. only $20 to taste.
We will be pouring the following:
2015 Tatomer "Meeresboden" Santa Barbara County Grüner Veltliner $26.99
2014 Chanin "Bien Nacido Vineyard" Santa Maria Valley Chardonnay $39.99
2012 Hilliard Bruce Estate Sta. Rita Hills Chardonnay $44.99
2015 Amplify Wines "Camp 4 Vineyard" Santa Ynez Valley Carignane $21.99
2015 Field Recordings "Wonderwall" Edna Valley Pinot Noir $19.99
2013 Jaffurs Santa Barbara County Grenache $34.99
2014 Dragonette Cellars "Seven" Central Coast Syrah $39.99
2013 Stolpman "Originals" Ballard Canyon Syrah $37.99
2014 Herman Story "Casual Encounters" Santa Barbara County Rhône Blend $46.99
2014 Folkway "Revelator" Santa Barbara Bordeaux Blend $21.99
Line-up subject to change. Walk-in tasting.
- February 4: Wines of Central Otago (NZ), Swartland (SA) and South Australia. $20.00
- Buyer Ryan Woodhouse will feature a selection of his current favorites, and new arrivals, from "Down Under".
Wines featured will be:
Felton Road - New Zealand
2014 Felton Road Chardonnay Bannockburn Central Otago (Biodynamic) $29.99
2015 Felton Road "Bannockburn" Pinot Noir Central Otago (Biodynamic) $44.99
Felton Road "Cornish Point" Pinot Noir Central Otago (Biodynamic) $54.99
2015 Felton Road "Calvert" Pinot Noir Central Otago (Biodynamic) $54.99
David & Nadia - Wine of Origin Swartland, South Africa
2014 David & Nadia "Aristargos" White Blend Swartland $29.99
2015 David & Nadia Pinotage Siebritskloof Swartland $24.99
2015 David & Nadia Grenache Paardeberg Swartland $34.99
2014 David & Nadia "Elpidios" Red Blend Swartland $29.99
Powell & Son - South Australia
Powell & Son Riesling Eden Valley South Australia $19.99
2014 Powell & Son Shiraz Barossa Valley South Australia $24.99
2014 Powell & Son GSM Barossa Valley South Australia $39.99
2014 Powell & Son "Loechel Vineyard" Eden Valley South Australia $69.99
- February 11: Almost Valentine's Day Champagne Tasting in all three stores! $20.00
- Our annual Valentine's Day Champagne is happening on this day! Each store will feature a unique lineup and theme.
Grand Marque Houses versus Small Estate Producers:
NV Laurent Perrier Ultra Brut ($54.99)
NV Bruno Miche;;e "Rebelle" Extra Brut ($59.99)
NV Ruinar Brutt Blanc de Blanc ($64.99)
NV Franck-Bonville "Cuvee Prestige" Brut Blanc de Blancs ($44.99)
NV AS Coutelas "Cuvee Eloge" Brut Blanc de Blanc ($39.99)
NV Veuve Clicquot Brut ($49.99)
NV Bollinger "Special Cuvee" ($59.99)
NV Fallet-Dart "Grande Selection" Brut ($34.99)
NV Ayala "Number 8" Brut Rose ($89.99)
NV Pierre Paillard Grand Cru Brut Rose ($57.99)
- February 18: Wines of Italy in all three stores. $20 - Buyer Greg St. Clair currently has some interesting new wines arriving and they will be featured during this tasting.
- February 25: Wines of the Rhone valley in all three stores. - Our first Rhone tasting of the year! Buyer Keith Mabry will choose new and exciting selections for us to try.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
San Francisco - Wednesday Night Spirits Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- February 1: Spirits Tastings Featuring
5pm- 6:30pm - No Tasting Fee
Ohishi "'K&L Exclusive"' Single Sherry Cask #1023 Japanese Whisky (750ml) $74.99
Isle Of Skye 8 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky (750ml) $27.99
Stirk's Gin (750ml) $39.99
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:00pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- January 26: Amy Atwood Selections
- Amy Atwood is an importer, distributor and winemaker that focuses on natural wine. She works with small producers who use organic or sustainable farming and little to no intervention in the winery. Join us to taste a selection of her imports and domestic wines. $5 tasting fee.
We will be pouring the following:
Latitude 50 N Sekt Trocken Rosé Rheingau $15.99
2015 Christian Venier "Les Hauts de Madon" Cheverny Rouge $23.99
2014 Donkey & Goat "Five Thirteen" El Dorado Red Wine Blend $29.99
2015 OENO Dry Creek Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $19.99
Line-up subject to change. Walk-in tasting.
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- January 26: "Exploring Chardonnay in Champagne"
Ariston Aspasie Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $34.99
Franck Bonville “Prestige” Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $44.99
Baron Fuente “Espirt” Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $39.99
2008 Bruno Michel “Les Brousses” 1er Cru Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $59.99
2007 Alexandre Le Brun “Cuvee Fascination” Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $69.99
- February 2: Smith Story Wine Cellars - $5
1288503 2015 Smith Story Sonoma Coast Chardonnay $29.99
1288502 2014 Smith Story Russian River Valley Pinot Noir $59.99
288501 Smith Story "Lord Sandwich" Sonoma County Red Blend $19.99
- February 9: Champagne Billecart Salmon - $7
Billecart-Salmon "(RED) Cuvée Brut Reserve" Champagne $49.99
Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé Champagne $74.99
Billecart-Salmon "Cuvée Nicolas François Billecart" NFB Brut Champagne $179.99
Billecart-Salmon Extra Brut Champagne $54.99
- February 16: Giesen Wines - New Zealand Tasting - $5
2015 Giesen Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough $9.99
2012 Giesen "The August 1888" Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough $29.99
2013 Giesen Single Vineyard Selection "The Fuder - Clayvin" Chardonnay Marlborough $64.99
2014 Giesen Pinot Noir Marlborough $19.99
2013 Giesen Single Vineyard Selection "Clayvin" Pinot Noir Marlborough $64.99
2013 Giesen "The Brothers - Late Harvest" Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough (375ml) $29.99
- February 23: Domaine Drouhin Oregon
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City - Thursday Night Beer Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- January 26: Thirsty Thursdays: Ciders
West County Cider "McIntosh M2" Cider, Massachusetts (750ml) $15.99
Snowdrift "Cornice" Oak Aged Cider, Washington (750ml) $15.99
Tilted Shed "Topwork"Dry Cider Cuvee, Sonoma County (750ml) $17.99
Drew Family "Sur La Mer" Brut Cider, California (750ml) $16.99
2013 Heck's Traditional Vintage Dry Cider, England (750ml) $12.99
2015 Scar of the Sea "Dry Hopped" Hard Apple Cider, California (500mL) $14.99
Walk-in only. Line-Up Subject to Change
- January 26: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- February 2: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- February 9: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- February 16: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
San Francisco - Friday Night Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- January 20: Dark Beer for Dark Times - Tasting Fee $5
Upright Brewing Company "Saison Bruge" Dark Saison w/ Cacao Nibs, Oregon (750ml) - $10.49
Avery Brewing "Reverend" Belgian Quadruple, Colorado (12oz Cans) - $2.99
Shady Oak Barrel House "Somnambulism" Dark Sour Ale aged in Rye Whisky & Pinot Noir Barrels, California (750ml) - $18.99
Kern River Brewing Co. "Class V" Stout, California (22oz) - $6.99
Hop Dogma Brewing Co. "Bourbon Barrel Aged Fides in Fermento" Imperial Stout, California (22oz) - $13.99
Founders Brewing Co. "Lizard of Koz" Stout w/ Blueberries, Chocolate, and Vanilla aged in Bourbon Barrels, Michigan (750ml) $19.99
- January 27: "Collectively Buying the Farm" Beer Tasting -$5
Brasserie Lebbe "L'Amalthee" Saison, France (750ml) - $11.99
The Commons Brewery "Urban Farmhouse Ale" Saison, Oregon (750ml) $9.99
Goose Island "Sofie" Belgian Style Farmhouse Ale, Illinois (765ml) - $8.99
Jester King "Noble King" Hoppy Farmhouse Ale, Texas (750ml) - $16.99
Barrelworks (Firestone Walker) "Lil Opal" Barrel Aged Saison Farmhouse Ale, California (375ml) - $ 14.99
The Good Beer Company "Abuela" Farmhouse Blonde Aged in Pinot Noir Barrels, California (750ml) - $16.99
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- January 27: Champagne Friday
- February 3: German Wines
- February 10: Wines of the Loire Valley
- February 17: Santa Cruz Mountains Winery
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235.
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.