- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- July 30: Summer brewfest!
- All three stores will have a very special beer tasting highlighting new arrivals and special summer beers. A great opportunity to sample what is happening in our ever expanding beer department.
In Redwood City we will pour the following:
Bell's Brewery "Quinannan Falls" Dry Hopped Lager, Michigan (12oz cans) $1.99
Great Divide Brewing "Nadia Kali" Hibiscus Saison, Colorado (12oz) $3.29
Gasthaus-Brauerei Braustelle "Freigeist Kopenickiade Vineyard Peach" Berliner Style Weisse w/ Peaches, Germany (330ml) $6.49
Brouwerij De Ranke "Guldenberg" Triple Ale, Belgium (330ml) $4.79
Nebraska Brewing Company "HopAnomaly" Belgian Style IPA Aged in Chardonnay Barrels, Nebraska (750ml) $20.99
Bottle Logic Brewing "Recursion 9.0" IPA, California (22oz) $7.99
Garage Project "Death From Above" Mango Chili IPA, New Zealand (22oz) $12.99
Shady Oak Barrel House "Alpha Cure" Tart Farmhouse Ale aged in Chardonnay Barrels, California (750ml) $14.99
2015 Cisco Brewers "Cranberry Woods" Wild Ale w/ Cranberries aged in Oak Barrels, Massachusetts (750ml) $23.99
Brouwerij De Molen "Heaven & Hell " Imperial Stout, Netherlands (330ml) $8.99
Deschutes Brewery "Black Butte XXVII" Porter w/ Cocoa Nibs Aged in Bourbon Barrels, Oregon (22oz) $16.99
Perennial Ales "17" Mint Chocolate Stout, Missouri (750ml) $16.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste.
- August 6: French Regional Wines. - French Regional wine cover the Languedoc and it's surrounding regions. This is a great area to discover fantastic values, as well as high-quality (and unusual) wines for the cellar.
- August 13: Wines of Germany in all three stores. - It's time to get your Riesling on! Actually, Germany is so much more than Riesling. We will also highlight some of their often overlooked red wines as well as a few "alternative" varietals.
- August 20: Champagne in all three stores! $20.00
- All three stores will host their own unique Champagne tasting that will largely focus upon our wonderful, small-estate artisinal grower producers. We will feature "old friends" and also look at some new arrivals from brand new producers.
San Francisco will host a look at vintages, inclusive of Extra Brut, Blanc de Blanc and Pinot Noir based champagnes:
2006 Billecart Salmon Extra Brut-$79.99
2007 Michel Loriot "Monodie Meunier" Extra Brut-$49.99
2008 Michel Loriot "Apollonis" Vintage Extra Brut-$39.99
2006 Launois "Special Club" Blanc de Blanc-$59.99
2007 Delamotte Brut Blanc de Blancs-$84.99
2008 Pol Roger Brut blanc de Blancs-$119.00
2006 Baron Fuente "Grand Milesime" Brut-$34.99
2006 Drappier "Grand Sendree" Brut-$99.00
2007 Michel Arnould "Cuvee B50" Brut-$99.00
2008 Louis Brochet "Millesime" Brut-$34.99
Lineup subject to change.
- August 27: Blind Bordeaux in all three stores! - All three stores will host a "blind" Bordeaux tasting. That is, you will not be able to see what you are being served and it will be up to you to guess what the wine is. Of course, you will be given a full list after completing the flight of 10 wines. These tastings are fun and informative, so don't miss it!
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
San Francisco - Wednesday Night Spirits Tastings from 5-6:30pm
- August 3: SF Tasting- Ray Campero Mezcal & Real Minero Mezcal
- August 17: SF Tasting- Velho Barreria Cachaca
- September 7: Arran Single Malts
- September 14: Tamdu Distillery & Kilchoman Machir Bay
- September 21: Exclusive Malts
- September 28: Kilchoman Distillery
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- July 28: Chateau Valentines
- August 4: Rhone Rangers
- August 11: Domaine de St Pierre Jura
- August 19: Special Friday Night Sherry Tasting
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- July 28: Rémy Nodin
- 5PM-6:30PM/ $5
Rémy Nodin St. Peray Mousseux Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut
2014 Rémy Nodin Crozes Hermitage Le Mazel
2014 Rémy Nodin Saint Joseph Guilherand
2014 Rémy Nodin Cornas Les Eygats
- August 4: Champagne Charles Ellner
- August 11: Champagne Gosset
- August 18: Elk Cove Vineyards from Oregon
- September 8: Frog's Leap Winery
- September 15: Champagne Bollinger
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City - Thursday Night Beer Tastings from 5-6:30pm
- July 28: Thirsty Thursdays: Cider!
- Join us this Thursday for a tasting focussed entirely on Cider! The lineup is as follows:
Jack Rabbit Hill Farm "New Avalon - Bartlett Perry" Cider, California (500ml) $10.99
Reverand Nat's Hard Cider "Revival" Cider, Oregon (12oz) $2.59
Millstone Farmhouse Cidery "Cobbler" Bourbon Barrel Aged Peach Cider, Maryland (750mL) $19.99
Millstone Farmhouse Cidery "Gingeroot" Cider with Organic Ginger & Honey, Maryland (750mL) $19.99
Aaron Burr Cidery "Appinette" Finger Lakes/ Orange County Cider, Oregon (375ml) $13.99
Aaron Burr Cidery "Homestead Elderberry/ Apple Blend" BashaKill Wetlands/ Sullivan County Cider, Oregon (750ml) $23.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change $5 to taste.
- August 4: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- August 11: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
San Francisco - Friday Night Tastings from 5-6:30pm
- August 5: Raidis Estate Wines Coonawarra - Taste with Australian wine maker Steven Raidis
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- July 29: Champagne Friday: Louis Brochet Feature
- Join buyer Gary Westby this Friday for a look at the lineup from a new producer! In our ever-expanding Champagne portfolio, we are constantly on the lookout for new small producers to add to our incredible value buys. The lineup will be as follows:
Louis Brochet 1er Cru Brut Champagne $29.99
Louis Brochet 1er Cru Extra Brut Champagne $29.99
2009 Louis Brochet "Millésimé" Brut Champagne $34.99
2008 Louis Brochet "Millésimé" Brut Champagne $34.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste.
- August 12: Pol Roger Champagne
- August 19: S. C. Pannell: Wines from Australia
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.