- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Saturday Tastings
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- May 30: Our annual Rose tasting!
- We are in the height of rose wine season and all three stores will feature the latest releases of rose, both still and sparkling, domestic and imported. We will feature wines from France, the USA, Spain, Italy, Germany and other countries.
San Francisco will pour:
Highlighting the 2014 vintage-
Dommaine des Cotes Blanches Sancerre, Loire Valley, France-$16.99
Domaine Les Pins Bourgueil, Loire Valley, France-$10.99
Josef leitz Pinot Noir Rose, Germany-$15.99
Holzapfel "Pink" Wachau, Austria-$16.99
Turkey Flat Barossa valley, South Australia-$17.99
Walerkloof Circumstance "Cape Coral" Mouvedre, Stellenbosch, South Africa-$16.99
Chateau Pradeaux Bandol, France-$29.99
Château les Valentines "Le Caprice de Clémentine" Côtes de Provence, France-$15.99
Nortico Rosé Vinho Verde, Portugal-$13.99
Zafeirakis Rosé Thessaly, Greece-$11.99
Ponzi Willamette Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir, Oregon-$19.99
Copain "Tous Ensemble" Anderson Valley Rosé-$16.99
Brick and Mortar Napa Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir-$21.99
NV Franck Bonville Brut Rose, Champagne, France-$39.99
NV Caves Jean Bourdy Cremant du Jura Brut Rosé, France-$24.99
$12.00 to taste. Lineup subject to change. Walk-in only.
Redwood City Lineup:
2014 Big Flower (Botanica) Petit Verdot Rose $15.99
2014 Turkey Flat Grenache Rose Barossa $17.99
2014 Domaine Petroni Corse Rosé (Corsica) $13.99
2014 Château Pradeaux Bandol Rosé $29.99
2014 Château Revelette Coteaux d'Aix en Provence Rosé $14.99
2014 Ostatu Rosado Rioja $13.99
2013 Don Cataldo Rosato Salento $9.99
NV Franck Bonville Brut Rosé Champagne $39.99
2014 Franck Millet Sancerre Rosé $14.99
2014 Josef Leitz Pinot Noir Rosé $15.99
2014 Holzapfel "Pink" Rosé Wachau $16.99
2014 Brick and Mortar Napa Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir $21.99
2014 Copain "Tous Ensemble" Anderson Valley Rosé $16.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $15 to taste.
- June 6: Wines of Italy in all three stores. $20 - All three stores will feature new releases and recent arrivals from Italy. A great way to see what is currently happening in the wine world in Italia!
- June 13: Wines of the Central Coast in all three stores. - Our Norcal and SoCal locations will pour our favorite wines, and June 8th Enews featured wines from the Central Coast of California. Find out what gems our buyers found in early May of this year.
- June 20: Wines of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. - It is time for us to update ourselves with wines from these exciting countries. Expect some unusual picks and new and unique wines. Not to be missed.
- June 27: Bordeaux! - It's time again to see what our containers have brought us from Bordeaux. We will focus upon newly arrived wines from the 2012 and 2013 vintages and will include a few older vintages for fun!
- July 4: All three tasting bars are closed. - Happy Fourth of July! Our stores will be open but, our tasting bars will not be. We know that you will be out there barbecuing and enjoying the holiday. Our SF staff will be in their down jackets to celebrate Mark Twain's "summer" in SF!
- July 11: Wines of Spain and Portugal in all three stores. - Spain/Portugal wine buyer Joe Manekin has been hard at work to find some great red, white and sparkling wines to enliven your summer. Stop by to see what gems he has found!
- July 18: Bordeaux in all three stores. - Just in case you missed last months' Bordeaux tasting, we have a follow-up one for you. A deeper exploration into the 2012 and 2013 vintages.
- July 25: Wines of Burgundy in all three stores. - So, what is new in Burgundy, you ask? We will do our best to answer that question today! Newly arrived red and white wines as well as some very special limited wines that are likely to sell quickly.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- June 4: Australian Tasting
- June 25: Sherry Tasting
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- May 28: Barber Cellars with winemaker Mike Barber. - Mike Babrber, of Barber Cellars will be in our SF store to pour and talk about his well-reviewed zinfandel's and pinot gris. A rare opportunity to meet the winemaker!
- June 4: Erset e Neue of Italy. - This wonderful producer from the Alto Adige will be featuring their latest releases in our SF store for your enjoyment! These food-friendly, elegant and balanced wines are perfect for the start of summer!
- June 18: Pinot Days! - Our SF store will play host to three small-estate pinot noir producers to celebrate Pinot Days, a weeklong series of events in the SF Bay Area. Participants will be listed prior to the tasting.
- July 30: Chronic Cellars. - This boutique producer will be in our SF store to feature sparkling wine and domestic Rhone blends. A great way to taste some hand-crafted, meticulously produced, small production wines.
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- May 28: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted the week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- June 4: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted the week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- June 11: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted the week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- May 29: Champagne Friday #4 with Champagne Buyer Gary Westby
This Friday we will be continuing our tour of Champagne with buyer Gary Westby! Come down to our Redwood City store this Friday for your monthly bubbles class!
Fluteau "Cuvée Réservée" Brut Champagne $29.99
Fluteau Brut Rosé Champagne $34.99
2008 Louise Brison Vintage Brut Champagne $29.99
2007 Louise Brison "Cuvée Tendresse" Brut Champagne
2008 Louise Brison Cuvée Germain Brulez Brut 1.5L $99.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste.
- June 5: Fort Ross Winery
- June 12: Banshee Winery
- June 19: Pinot Days!
- June 26: Champagne Friday #5 with Champagne Buyer Gary Westby
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.