- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- October 24: K&L Hollywood 50 Shades of Sparklers - On Saturday, October 24th, the Hollywood store will throw the ultimate bubbly party. Champagne-Of course! But, we will also feature sparkling wine from Spain, Italy, South of France, and California- no area is off limits. From 4pm-6:45pm, we will pour 50 different sparklers hence the name. Clever…We know. So far, we have wines from Taittinger, Domaine Carneros, Bollinger, Charles Heidsieck, Schramsberg, Billecart Salmon, Yves Duport, Antech, San Venanzio, Follador, Roederer and more! We will also have some of our fabulous K&L team members pouring a few of our favorite direct brands. Local favorite, Republique will be providing small bites.This event will sell-out. Purchase tickets now! A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit Hollywood PAL (Police Activites League). Buy Now...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- October 10: Grand Bordeaux Tasting in Hollywood - Amazing Line-Up...Don't Miss! 2000 Brane-Cantenac, Margaux 2000 Kirwan, Margaux 2000 Fleur Petrus, St Emilion 2000 Pontet-Canet, Pauillac 2010 Pontet-Canet, Pauillac 2010 Lynch-Bages, Pauillac 1993 Mouton-Rothschild, Pauillac 1996 Yquem, Sauternes Purchase Here...
- October 10: Grand Bordeaux Tasting in San Francisco - What a line-up! Do not miss this tasting-Fabulous Value. 1990 Grand Mayne, St Emilion 1995 Evangile, Pomerol 2000 Brane Cantenac, Margaux 2000 Kirwan, Margaux 2000 Leoville Poyferre, St Julien 2000 Pontet Canet, Pauillac 2010 Lynch bages, Pauillac 2001 Latour, Pauillac 1995 d'Yquem, Sauternes Buy tickets here...
- October 10: Grand Bordeaux Tasting in Redwood City
- Please join us this Saturday for our annual Grand Bordeaux Tasting lead by senior Bordeaux expert Ralph Sands. We are not accepting walk-ins for this tasting. Please pre-order tickets! We will pour the following wines:
1990 Grand Mayne, St-Emilion $119.99
1995 L’Evangile, Pomerol $169.99
2000 Brane-Cantenac, Margaux $139.99
2000 Kirwan, Margaux $99.99
2000 Léoville-Porferré, St-Julien $229.99
2000 Pontet-Canet, Pauillac $149.99
2010 Lynch-Bages, Pauillac $169.99
2001 Latour, Pauillac $474.99
1995 d’Yquem, Sauternes $249.99
Pre-ordered tickets only. No walk-ins. Lineup subject to change. Purchase here...
- October 17: Manekin's picks in Hollywood and Redwood City. - Our buyer for Spain, Portugal, Argentina and Chile, Joe Manekin, will pick wines from his current portfolio. Reds and whites will be featured as well as wines to cellar and wines to drink! Our SF store tasting bar will be closed due to our move to our new location on Harrison Street between Fourth and Fifth streets.
- October 24: Sparkling wine tent event in Hollywood. NorCal tasting bars closed. - Our Hollywood store will be hosting a prepaid ticketed sparkling wine event that will include Champagne and sparkling wines from Italy, Spain, the USA and other locales. Please seen our "Special Events" portion of the events website for details and ticket purchase. Our NorCal stores will have their tasting bars closed on this day.
- October 31: "Blind" Tasting in Redwood City and Hollywood.(SF-TBA) $20.00 - All three stores will host a "blind" tasting of red wines. That is, the wine bottles will be covered and you will try to guess the varietal, country and (perhaps!) the vintage. All will be revealed when you complete the set. These tastings are fun and informative! we have done these tastings in the past and our customers are often surprised at how close they are with their guesses. For obvious reasons, we will be unable to give the list of wines being featured. A perfect way to spend Halloween afternoon! As our SF store will be relocating, they may, or may not be having this tasting. We will update as we finalize the move-in date.
- November 7: Grand Domestic tasting in all three stores. $50.00 - All three stores will pour the "first growth" cabernet sauvignon of the United States. Expect the best of California with highly collectible and sought after wines. tasting list will be published prior to ticket sales. Limited availability. Tickets must be pre-purchased.
- November 14: Affordable Champagne tasting in all three stores. - Now that the holidays are nearly upon us, it is THE best time to do your Champagne shopping! Whether you are looking for an affordable sparkler for events and dinners or for gift-giving to loved ones and friends, this is the tasting for you! All of the selections featured will be under $35.00! Brut, Blanc de Blanc and Brut Rose will be featured.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- November 6: Special Friday Night Rhone Rangers Tasting
Join us for a tasting of Rhone-varietal wines with Qupe, Quivira and Vina Robles. Only $5!
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- October 8: Tasting Bar Closed.
- October 15: Tasting Bar Closed.
- October 22: Tasting Bar Closed.
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- October 8: Thirsty Thursdays: Cisco Brewing!
- Join buyer Jim Boyce this Thursday for a great lineup of new brews from Cisco!
Cisco Brewing "Island Reserve Series - Double IPA"
Cisco Brewing "Island Reserve Series - Lager" Nelson Sauvin Hopped Lager
Cisco Brewing "Island Reserve Series - Madaquet" India Pale Ale
Cisco Brewing "Pechish Woods" Oak Barrel aged Wild Ale w/ Peaches
Cisco Brewing "Pumple Drumkin" Spiced Ale
Cisco Brewing "Sankaty Light" Lager, Massachusetts 12oz Can
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $5 to taste.
- October 15: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- October 22: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
- October 29: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the tasting. Stay tuned!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- October 9: Wines of New Zealand
- This week we feature an all-New Zealand lineup of great wines from Craggy Range, Dog Point, and Felton Road. Join us for a tour of New Zealand's best!
2014 Craggy Range “Te Muna Road” Sauvignon Blanc Martinborough $17.99
2012 Craggy Range “Kidnappers Vineyard” Chardonnay Hawkes Bay $19.99
2011 Craggy Range “Te Muna Road” Pinot Noir Martinborough $34.99
2014 Dog Point Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough $16.99
2012 Dog Point Pinot Noir Marlborough $29.99
2013 Felton Road “Cornish Point” Pinot Noir Central Otago $49.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste.
- October 16: Silver Oak & Twomey Wineries
- October 23: Veramonte Chilean Wines
- October 30: Louis Roederer Champagne
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.