- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- October 14: Leoville Las Cases Dinner at Mathilde in San Francisco - Join Clyde Beffa, Wine Director at K&L Wine Merchants for a special meal at Mathilde Restaurant in San Francisco featuring the incomparable wines of Château Léoville Las Cases on Friday, October 14th. One of the oldest Medoc estates, Domaine de Léoville belonged to some of the wealthiest and most influential noble French families before it was acquired by the Las Cases family. The estate was split up between 1826 and 1840 as a result of the French Revolution. Château Léoville Las Cases was created, thanks to a kind of birthright, from 3/5 of the original estate and the heart of the domain. The Grand Vin’s current terroir has therefore been at the historic heart of the original terroir since the 17th century. Léoville Las Cases has now been managed by the same family since the late 19th century and is today represented by Jean-Hubert Delon, sole owner of the Château and proprietor of Château Potensac in the Medoc and Château Nénin in Pomerol. Clyde will welcome special guest of honor Pierre Graffeuille, director of the Château as well as other properties under Domaines Delon Wine Estates. Over a three course meal we will sample the following wines: 2009 Fugue de Nenin, 2012 Nenin, 2009 Potensac, 2009 Clos du Marquis, 2009 Petit Lion, and the 2012, 2005 and 1983 Léoville Las Cases. There might be another surprise or two as well! Ticket price is $130 per person plus tax. Dinner will start at 7pm. Purchase here...
- October 22: Champagne Tent Event in Hollywood - We are throwing our annual fall Champagne Event on Saturday, October 22nd at our Hollywood location on Vine Street from 4-7 p.m. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. For $85 per person plus tax you will be able to sample more than 60 champagnes plus enjoy small bites from Republique. This event will benefit our good friends at the Hollywood Police Activities League (PAL), a community-based crime prevention program, provides young people with positive alternatives to gangs and drugs. Purchase here...
- October 23: Champagne Tent Event in San Francisco - We are throwing our annual fall Champagne Tent Event on Sunday, October 23rd at our new San Francisco location on Harrison Street from 2-5 p.m. A group of our favorite artisanal grower/producers will be flying in from France to present their wines exclusively to K&L guests. This is a rare opportunity to engage with the people that grow the grapes and make the wine and to learn more about their approach to Champagne. We will also have many of the big name producers on hand to present their selections. From the big houses we will have representatives from Louis Roederer, Billecart-Salmon, Laurent Perrier, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Perrier-Jouët, and more. For $85 per person plus tax you will be able to sample more than 60 champagnes plus enjoy small bites from the Cheese School of San Francisco. This event will benefit the local San Francisco Homeless Prenatal Program (HPP). For 25 years the award winning HPP has provided poor and homeless families the ability to end childhood poverty. Built on a foundation of supportive, nonjudgmental case management, HPP empowers families motivated by pregnancy and parenthood, to recognize their strengths and trust in their own capacity to transform their lives. Purchase here...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- September 3: Seasonal Beer tasting in all three stores. - As Summer turns to Autumn, our beer selection changes with the season. All three stores will host another one of our informative (and delicious!) beer tastings.
- September 10: Domestic new releases in all three stores-$20.00 - All three stores will feature new domestic wine releases. This time out, our focus will be on California. The Fall is a season when we receive a lot of the newly released reds, so don't miss out on this one!
- September 17: Wines of Spain in all three stores. $20.00 per flight. - Our wine buyer for Spain, Joe Manekin, has been hard at work to find new and exciting wines from this renowned region. Spanish wines, like Spain, are hot, hot, hot, so come on by and taste some exciting cellar selections and great values.
- September 24: Bordeaux in all three stores. $20.00. - Al three stores will pour Bordeaux with the 2012 and 2013 vintages being highlighted. As usual, we will also feature an older selection or two.
- October 22: San Francisco and Hollywood tasting bars closed for Champagne Tent Events. - Both our LA and SF tasting bars will be closed to host our yearly Champagne Tent Event's in both locations. These events require prepaid tickets and feature about 65 Champagne selections as well as light snacks. Grand Marque and Small Estate producers will be featured and some of the winemakers will be available to answer your questions and to give updates on upcoming releases.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
San Francisco - Wednesday Night Spirits Tastings from 5-6:30pm
- September 7: Arran Single Malts
- September 14: Tamdu Distillery & Kilchoman Machir Bay
- September 21: Exclusive Malts
- September 28: Kilchoman Distillery
- October 5: Isle of Skye Whisky & Smokehead Islay Single Malt Scotch
- October 12: Real Minero & Rey Campero
- October 19: Arran, Tamdhu & Kilchoman Machir Bay Scotch Whisky
- October 26: Exclusive Malts
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- September 1: Champagne Baron Fuente
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 8: Frog's Leap Winery
- September 15: Champagne Bollinger & Ayala
- September 22: Joseph Phelps Vineyards
- November 10: Champagne Ruinart
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City - Thursday Night Beer Tastings from 5-6:30pm
- September 1: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- September 8: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- September 15: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- September 22: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- September 29: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
San Francisco - Friday Night Tastings from 5-6:30pm
- August 26: "Liberate the Sour Within" Beer Tasting $5
The Libertine Pub "Edna " Table Saison, California (750ml) $13.99
The Libertine Pub Saison, California (750ml) $16.99
The Libertine Pub "Aubree" Rye Saison, California (750ml) $15.99
The Libertine Pub Wild IPA, California (750ml) $16.99
The Libertine Pub "Soccer Mom" Sour Ale w/ Oranges & Tangerines, California (750ml) $16.99
The Libertine Pub "Exile on Broad Street" Biere de Garde w/ Peaches in Brandy Barrels, California (750ml) $18.99
- September 16: Ata Rangi with Winemaker Helen Masters - Ata Rangi, meaning "dawn sky" or "new beginning" is a small New Zealand winery with a big reputation for serious Pinot Noir. Located at the southern end of the North Island, it is owned and managed by a family trio - Clive Paton, his wife Phyll and his sister Alison. Clive planted his first vines on a small, stony sheep paddock at the edge of the Martinborough village in 1980 as one of a handful of people who pioneered winegrowing in the area. Ata Rangi Pinot Noir is undoubtedly the flagship wine, and in 2010 was honoured with the inaugural Tipuranga Teitei o Aotearoa or "Grand Cru of New Zealand". With a skilled team in place, including dynamic winemaker Helen Masters, Clive now has more time to focus on his commitment to conservation and to the Ata Rangi alliance with Project Crimson.
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- September 2: Loxarel Sparkling Wines from Spain
- September 9: Frog's Leap Winery
- September 16: Joseph Phelps Wines
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.