- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- May 16: James Suckling Presents Bordeaux Confidential - Join K&L Wine Merchants and James Suckling as we highlight the exceptional wines of Bordeaux! Purchase tickets here...
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood.
- May 2: French Regional Wines. - This melting pot of styles and prices will be featured with new release reds, whites and even a rose or sparkling wine or two! These wines are perfect for planning any meal and will be a great way to start planning your summer meals.
- May 9: Domestic new releases. - All three stores will feature brand spanking new releases of domestic wines. Each store will feature their own unique listing, which will be tailored to each clientele. Tasting lists will be posted prior to the tasting.
- May 16: Wines of Burgundy. - The fabulous wines of Burgundy will be featured in all three stores. Both reds and whites will be featured.
- May 23: Artisinal Beers in Redwood City and Hollywood. - Prepare for your summer with some great, small-production beers! Some of our favorite established craft beers and new arrivals will be featured.
- May 23: Wines of Greece in San Francisco. - Greece is one of the oldest winemaking countries on the planet and we will have a rare, must-attend tasting of the reds, whites and sparkling, both traditional and new world, from this country. The wines of Greece have increased immensely in popularity in the US and this is a great opportunity to either discover them or to update your palate with great new releases.
- May 30: Our annual Rose tasting! - We are in the height of rose wine season and all three stores will feature the latest releases of rose, both still and sparkling, domestic and imported. We will feature wines from France, the USA, Spain, Italy, Germany and other countries.
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood: - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7pm:
- April 30: Heidsieck Tasting
- May 7: Wines from Marc Barriot
- May 8: Friday night tasting with Domaine Begude
- May 14: Apertif tasting with DOG
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- April 30: Ridge Vineyards! - One of our very favorite zinfandel, cabernet and chardonnay producers will be in our SF store to feature new releases of their wines including the Geyserville, Three Valleys and Estate wines. A very special tasting that should not be missed!
- May 7: Domaine Begude with owner/winemaker James Kinglake. - Owner/winemaker James Kinglake of Domaine Begude, from the Languedoc region will be here to feature their latest releases. A great opportunity to try some affordable and top notch wines from this region.
- May 14: Fort Ross Vineyards. - This popular vineyard will feature their latest releases of their excellent pinot noir's and chardonnay's.
- May 21: Buty Vineyards of Washington state. - This boutique producer, located in Walla Walla, will be having an in-store tasting of the latest releases of cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay. This is a special, one-time only tasting, so don't miss it!
- May 28: Barber Cellars with winemaker Mike Barber. - Mike Babrber, of Barber Cellars will be in our SF store to pour and talk about his well-reviewed zinfandel's and pinot gris. A rare opportunity to meet the winemaker!
- June 4: Erset e Neue of Italy. - This wonderful producer from the Alto Adige will be featuring their latest releases in our SF store for your enjoyment! These food-friendly, elegant and balanced wines are perfect for the start of summer!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm:
- May 1: Thomas Fogarty
- May 8: Medlock Ames
- May 15: Kathryn Kennedy Winery
- May 22: Eric Kent Winery
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235 or at UncorkedEvents.com
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.