- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 29: Wines of the Rhone Valley
- We will feature the following wines in all three stores:
NV Domaine Remy Nodin Saint Peray Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut $27.99
2015 Clos de la Bonnette "Roches d'Arbuel" Condrieu $49.99
2014 Domaine des Remizières "Cuvée Emilie" Hermitage Blanc $49.99
2015 Cave de Rasteau "Dame Victoria" Rasteau $13.99
2015 Domaine Viticole "Malmont" Côtes du Rhône $18.99
2011 Domaine Le Colombier "Cuvée G" Vacqueyras $19.99
2015 Domaine Rémy Nodin "Guilherand" Saint-Joseph $29.99
2013 Bernard Levet "Les Journaries" Côte-Rôtie $54.99
2012 Domaine Lionnet "Terre Brulée" Cornas $46.99
2010 E. Guigal Châteauneuf-du-Pape $39.99
2007 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape $109.99
Line-up subject to change. Walk in tasting. $20 to taste.
- May 6: Champagne in all three stores! $20.00
- All three stores will have a pre-Mother's Day Champagne tasting!
San Francisco will feature:
"A journey through the Marne Valley"
NV Fallet-Dart "Grand Selection" Brut-$34.99 ($69.99-1.5L)
NV Bruno Michel "Blanche" Brut-$49.99
NV A.D. Coutelas "Cuvee 1809" Brut-$59.99
NV Jacquesson "Cuvee 739" Extra Brut-$59.99
2008 Fallet-Dart Vintage Brut-$49.99
NV Fallet-Dart Brut Rose-$34.99
A.D Coutelas "Elixir" Brut Rose-$34.99
2008 Alexandre Le Brun "Cuvee Dilection" Brut Rose-$99.99
Lineup subject to change.
Redwood City will feature:
2008 A.D. Coutelas Vintage Brut Champagne $34.99
A.D. Coutelas “Cuvee Eloge” Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $39.99
A.D. Coutelas “Cuvee Louis Victor” Brut Champagne $39.99
A.D. Coutelas “Cuvee 1809” Brut Champagne $59.99
Pierre Paillard “Les Parcelles” Bouzy Grand Cru $48.99
2010 Pierre Paillard “Les Maillerettes” Grand Cru Brut Blanc de Noirs Champagne $69.99
2010 Pierre Paillard “Les Mottelettes” Grand Cru Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $69.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
- May 6: Hollywood - A Tour of Champagne - $20
- Celebrate Mother's Day with a tour through Champagne. We will taste wine from all around the region of Champagne, focusing on the differences you find between different villages.
2008 Alexandre Le Brun "Cuvée Dilection" Brut Rosé Champagne $99.99
A.D. Coutelas "Cuvée Louis Victor" Brut Champagne $39.99
Ariston Aspasie "Carte Blanche" Brut Champagne $27.99
2009 Franck Bonville "Millesime" Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $49.99
Pierre Mineral Brut Champagne $29.99
Pierre Paillard "Les Parcelles" Bouzy Grand Cru $48.99
Louise Brison "L'Impertinente" Brut Rosé Champagne $39.99
Baron Fuente "Grande Réserve" Brut Champagne $23.99
Line-up subject to change. Walk-in tasting.
- May 13: Bordeaux in all three stores-$20.00 - All three stores will feature 2014 and 2015 Bordeaux with an older vintage pick or two!
- May 20: Burgundy in all three stores. $20.00 - All three stores will feature brand new releases of red and white Burgundy. We will include affordable picks and cellar selections with a highlight upon the 2014 reds and the 2015 whites.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
San Francisco - Wednesday Night Spirits Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 26: A Tasting with Venus Spirits
Venus Spirits Aquavit Blend #1 (750ml) $32.99
Venus Spirits Batch #1 Gin (750ml) $29.99
Venus Spirits Batch #2 Barrel Aged Gin (750ml) $36.99
- May 3: A Tasting with Casa Dragones Tequila - No Tasting Fee
- May 10: A Spirits Tasting - No Tasting Fee
Tamdhu 10 Year Old Malt Whisky $64.99
Kilchoman "Machir Bay" Islay Single Malt Whisky (750ml) $54.99
Stirk's Gin (750ml) $39.99
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:00pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 27: Direct Import Thursday - Champagne
- Part of what makes K&L so unique is our Direct Import program. Our buyers seek out producers that we love, support and believe in and bring their wines here to California, cutting out the middle man and bringing us incredible values. This month we will focus on one of our most comprehensive DI portfolios, Champagne. Let our Champagne expert, Diana, pour you a tasting focusing on different grand cru of Champagne.
We will be featuring the following:
Michel Arnould "Grand Cuvée" Brut Champagne $39.99
2009 Pierre Mineral Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $39.99
Pierre Paillard "Les Parcelles" Bouzy Grand Cru $48.99
Franck Bonville Brut Rosé Champagne $39.99
*Line-up subject to change. Walk-in only. $5 to taste.
- May 4: Wines of Gut Hermannsberg, Nahe Germany
- Gut Hermannsberg has been making wine for over 110 years in the Nahe region of Germany. Their vineyards are mostly planted to Riesling and other white varietals. These wines are bright and steely and showcase how complex, dry and age-worthy the wines of Germany can be. Join us to discover Gut Hermannsberg and the Nahe.
2015 Gut Hermannsberg Blanc de Blanc Sekt
2014 Gut Hermannsberg Weisser Burgunder
2015 Gut Hermannsberg Riesling Trocken
2013 Gut Hermannsberg Riesling Kabinett
Walk-in only. Line-Up Subject to Change. $5 to taste.
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 27: Champagne Charles de Cazanove Tasting -$5
Charles de Cazanove Brut Champagne $26.99
Charles de Cazanove 1er Cru Brut Champagne $34.99
2006 Charles de Cazanove "Millésimé" Brut Champagne $44.99
Charles de Cazanove Brut Rosé Champagne $34.99
- May 4: Ideal North America Specializing in Greek and Turkish wines.
- May 11: The Withers Winery - $5
2016 The Withers Sierra Foothills Rosé $19.99
2014 The Withers "English Hill" Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir $47.99
2014 The Withers "Peters Vineyard" Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir $43.99
2014 The Withers "Ruben" Sierra Foothills Mourvedre-Syrah-Grenache $36.99
- May 18: Antech Limoux
- May 25: Fort Ross Vineyards -$5
- June 1: Marietta Cellars - $5
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City - Thursday Night Beer Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- May 4: Thirsty Thursdays: Grimm Artisanal Ales - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- May 11: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- May 18: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- May 25: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
San Francisco - Friday Night Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 28: "Jolly good friends" Beer Tasting - $5
Featuring Jolly Pumpkin Collaboration beers
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Anchorage Brewing "Calabaza Boreal" Sour Ale Collaboration, Michigan 750ml $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Anchorage Brewing "No Ka 'Oi" Sour Ale w/ Raspberries & Lime Peel, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Monkish Brewing "Apocolocynposis" Sour Ale w/ Blackberries & Lime, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Monkish Brewing "Cucurbitophobia" Sour Ale w/ Blood Orange & Spices, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Holy Mountain "Smashed, Grabed, Hop Dusted" Sour Ale, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Maui Brewing Company "Sobrehumano Palena'ole" Red Ale Brewed with Liliko'i and Cherries, Hawaii 750ml $15.99
- May 5: "Grocer's Half Dozen" - A Logsdon Farmhouse Ales Tasting - $5
- May 12: "The Sin of Gluteny" - Featuring All Wheat Beers - $5
- Cerveceria Insurgente "Buho Rompeolas" Hefeweizen, Mexico (22oz) - $6.99
- Eagle Rock Brewery "Manifesto" Wit Bier, California (16oz cans) - $3.29
- Weihenstephaner "Kristall" Weizenbock, Germany (12oz) - $2.49
- Refuge Brewing "Blood Orange Wit" Belgian Style Wheat Beer Brewed w/ Fresh Blood Oranges, California (16oz Cans) - $1.99
- Avery Brewing Co. "Lilikoi Kepolo" Witbier with Passion Fruit, Colorado (12oz cans) - $2.49
- The Bruery "White Chocolate" Wheatwine aged in Bourbon Barrels, California (750ml) - $29.99
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 28: Launois Champagne
- One of our most popular Direct Import Champagne producers, Launois continues to delight year after year! Join us this Friday to celebrate a fantastic lineup from one of our favorites.
Launois "Cuvée Reserve" Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $34.99
Launois "Veuve Clemence" Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $44.99
Launois "Quartz" Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $39.99
2010 Launois Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $44.99
2008 Launois "Spécial Club" Brut Blanc de Blancs Champagne $59.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $10 to taste.
- May 5: Wines of Portugal
- May 12: Honig Wines
- May 19: Greek Wines
- May 26: Navigator: Wines of New Zealand
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235.
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.