- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- March 10: James Suckling's Great Wines of Italy Beverly Hills - JamesSuckling.com is delighted to present the Great Wines of Italy San Francisco on March 11 at the Presidio at the Golden Gate Club, featuring the region’s most sought-after wines from prestigious Italian brands as well as chosen premium boutique wineries. Last year in 2016, the same event—Great Wines of Italy Asia—was a sold-out success, attracting nearly 3,000 registered attendees between Hong Kong and Bangkok (here’s a video recap). We anticipate the same crowds in the United States. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-wines-of-italy-beverly-hills-2017-tickets-30363034654?aff=es2
- March 11: James Suckling's Great Wines of Italy San Francisco - JamesSuckling.com is delighted to present the Great Wines of Italy San Francisco on March 11 at the Presidio at the Golden Gate Club, featuring the region’s most sought-after wines from prestigious Italian brands as well as chosen premium boutique wineries. Last year in 2016, the same event—Great Wines of Italy Asia—was a sold-out success, attracting nearly 3,000 registered attendees between Hong Kong and Bangkok (here’s a video recap). We anticipate the same crowds in the United States. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-wines-of-italy-san-francisco-2017-tickets-30363402755?discount=KL
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- February 25: Wines of Languedoc in all three stores $20.
- We will be pouring the following:
210 Antech "Grande Cuvée Oublié" Cremant de Limoux $17.99
2015 Château de la Negly "La Falaise" La Clape $19.99
2010 Château Saint Jacques d'Albas "La Chapelle d'Albas" Minervois $24.99
2012 Domaine Aubaï Mema Carignan "L'Insoumise" Vin de France $13.99
2014 La Jasse Castel "El Abanico" Pays l'Herault Blanc $29.99
2013 Villa Symposia "Equilibre" Languedoc Rouge $14.99
2014 Jean-Louis Denois "CabernetS" Haute Vallee de l'Aude $14.99
2013 Château de la Negly "La Porte du Ciel" La Clape $89.99
2014 Clos de l'Anhel "Les Dimanches" Corbieres $22.99
2014 La Jasse Castel "Bleu Velours" Languedoc-Montpeyroux $24.99
Line-up subject to change. Walk-in tasting.
- March 4: Wine of Burgundy in all three stores! $20.00
- Newly released red and white Burgundies will be tasted with a highlight upon the 2014 vintage. We will feature the following wines:
2014 La Chablisienne “Vaulorent” 1er Cru Chablis $26.99
2014 Louis Moreau “Vaulignot” 1er Cru Chablis $24.99
2014 Chateau de la Charriere “Les Champs Morjot” Chassagne Montrachet $36.99
2014 Philippe Colin “Vergers” 1er Chassagne Montrachet $79.99
2014 Henri de Villamont “Clos du Cromin” Meursault $49.99
2014 Chateau de la Charriere “Gravieres” 1er Cru Santenay $24.99
2014 Claude Dugat Bourgogne Rouge $39.99
2014 Henri Gouges “Les Pruliers” Nuits-St-Georges $89.99
2014 Michel Gros “Clos de Reas” Vosne Romanee $139.99
2014 Domaine Drouhin Laroze Latricieres Chambertin Grand Cru $119.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
- March 11: New domestic releases in all three stores. - All three stores will feature newly released wines tailored to each store. Red and white wines to be featured.
- March 18: Wines of the Loire Valley in all three stores! - This forever interesting and eclectic region will be featured on this Saturday. Red and white wines to be featured. This tasting is not to be missed! These wines are food friendly and unique!
- March 25: Wines of Germany and Alsace in all three stores. - A perfect way to start the Spring! We will feature the latest releases and compare and contrast what this country, and region, have to offer.
- April 1: Wines of Spain and Portugal in all three stores. - April 1st needs not to be a joke and this tasting will prove that! Spain is one of the fastest growing countries for wine in term of popularity. We will also serve wines from neighboring Portugal to show that it isn't just about Port any more! Both reds and whites will be featured.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
San Francisco - Wednesday Night Spirits Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- March 1: Spirits Tasting - No Tasting Fee
Ohishi "'K&L Exclusive"' Single Sherry Cask
Kilchoman 100% Islay
- March 8: Spirits Tasting - No Tasting Fee
Tamdhu Batch Strength
The Exclusive Blend 1980 35 yr
- April 26: Venus Spirits
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:00pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- March 2: Wines of Hungary with Blue Danube Imports
- Hungary has over twenty-two designated wine regions today. That’s right, Hungarian wine is more than just sweet Tokaji. Come discover dry Furmint and wines of regions like Somlo which boasts volcanic soils in the north west of Hungary and picturesque, Soproni which sits just next to a beautiful lake on the boarder of Austria.
2014 Samuel Tinon "Birtok" Furmint Tokaji $21.99
2014 Apátsági Hárslevelü Somló $21.99
2014 Attila Gere Portugieser Villány $12.99
2015 Wetzer Kékfrankos Soproni $19.99
2015 Eszterbauer "Sógor" Kadarka Szekszard $17.99
Walk-in only. Line-Up Subject to Change. *Last ticket sold at 7:15pm. Tasting ends promptly at 7:30PM.
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- March 2: Shatzi Wines - $5
- March 9: Broadbent Wines - $5
- March 16: Banshee Wines - $5
- March 23: Blue Danube Wine - $5
- March 30: Amici Cellars - $5
- April 6: Talley Vineyards - $5
- April 13: Lo-Fi Wines - $5
- April 20: Wines of Portugal with Eugenio Jardin - $5
- May 25: Fort Ross Vineyards -$5
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City - Thursday Night Beer Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- March 2: Thirsty Thursdays: Collaboration Beers - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- March 9: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- March 16: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- February 24: Champagne Gosset $10
- Join us this Friday for another great lineup of Champagne! Champagne Gosset is one of the older houses in the region, with a very unique philosophy of wine making. We will be featuring the following wines:
Gosset "Excellence" Brut Champagne $34.99
Gosset "Grand Reserve" Brut Champagne $49.99
Gosset "Grand Rose" Brut Rose Champagne $74.99
Gosset Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $79.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
- March 3: German Wines
- Join us this Friday for a selection of Rieslings from the Rhengau, Rhenhessen, and Mosel! We will pour the following wines:
2015 Wittmann Riesling Trocken Rheinhessen $19.99
2015 Wittmann Morstein Riesling Grosses Gewächs Rheinhessen $76.99
2014 Robert Weil Riesling Sekt Brut Rheingau $42.99
2015 Robert Weil "Tradition" Riesling Rheingau $19.99
2015 Dr. Loosen Bernkasteler Lay Riesling Kabinett Mosel $24.99
2015 Maximin Grunhaus Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett Mosel $24.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change.
- March 10: Ancient Peaks Winery
- March 17: Felton Road
- March 24: Fort Ross Vineyards
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235.
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.